Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Use of the term Organic on Honey  (Read 4352 times)

Offline Paul Andersen

• New Bee
Use of the term Organic on Honey
« on: February 19, 2008, 12:11:39 am »

If you want to sell "Organic Honey" and label it legally, what criteria does the beekeeper need to meet?

I believe different states and Providences have different criteria.

Can anyone point me to a web site that defines those regulations?

I would be interested to see hat differences there may be in defining organic honey.

Paul

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: Use of the term Organic on Honey
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 08:51:12 am »
Did you do a search at all here before asking?  If you scrolled down the message list here you'd come to this thread at least, and there have been many other discussions about it.  Go to that thread and click on the link to the Beesource article that offers the definition of 'organic honey'. 

Offline Paul Andersen

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 12:17:01 am »
Thanks,

I tried a general google search with tons of junk, I didn't think of searching the forum. I will try to remember that in the future.
Paul

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 09:55:37 pm »
Heres a start first you need to learn difference between registered organic and certified organic and the rest will be easy to understand -but labeling requirements are the same-there are links in this thread that have what you need   http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=11872.0     RDY-B

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 10:05:27 pm »
Rdy-B, that the same thread I linked him to.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 10:40:53 pm »
okydok i should have checked that -how do you do that fancy option anyway  :lol: RDY-B

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 10:57:34 pm »
okydok i should have checked that -how do you do that fancy option anyway  :lol: RDY-B

I do it by hand, but Robo set up the Link button above to do it for you.

What it looks like is [ url=http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=11872.0]This is the link text[/url ] (I've inserted spaces after the first bracket and before the last so you can see how it's done).  The url above will produce This is the link text.  The blue text is the hyperlink. 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 12:36:57 pm »
Ann, OK, I think that I am kind of dumb.  How do you get the blue text (the hyperlink), I see you guys doing this all the time and just don't get it....sorry, elaborate....have a wonderful and beautiful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 03:09:45 pm »
Cindi, check your PM's, there's a new one!  :)