Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nucleus in Brisbane  (Read 3496 times)

Offline PhilK

• House Bee
Nucleus in Brisbane
« on: September 08, 2015, 11:24:39 pm »
G'day,

Just joined up here and enjoying reading through a lot of information - although I'm sure this won't stop me from posting a lot of stupid questions to come!

My housemate and I have obtained a hive box each, been doing a lot of reading over the last few months, and are ready to get some bees! I left it a little late to find nucs and now can't seem to find anybody with any available before November! Can't wait to get started and even waiting those two months feels impossible at this stage!

I thought I would post here in case somebody in Brisbane (I live in Paddington/Bardon area) would know anywhere I can obtain 2 nucs available sooner than October-November? Looking for Italian bees, peferably ones selcted for ease of handling (being a beginner).

Thanks very much for taking the time to read, and I look forward to learning as much as I can off you all!

Offline Dave86

• New Bee
Re: Nucleus in Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 11:43:24 pm »
Give bayside beekeepers a ring 32062048

If you were closer to Toowoomba I'd supply to you.

Offline SB-Russ

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 12:06:17 am »
Eh, the only advice anyone has given me is to go buy them from Biddadaba near the gold coast. I still have no idea whether I'l have bees this year or not, despite joining two beekeeping associations.

Offline Dave86

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 02:07:57 am »
Eh, the only advice anyone has given me is to go buy them from Biddadaba near the gold coast. I still have no idea whether I'l have bees this year or not, despite joining two beekeeping associations.

I'll be doing some splits about November, Ill be trialing Ligurian queens plus getting the normal Italians. I use 5 frame nucs.

If you want a couple let me know and I'll do them up for you.

Offline SB-Russ

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 02:34:33 am »
Phil,

Have you talked to the Brisbane amateur beekeepers Association?

Offline PhilK

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 08:28:30 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys- work has gotten hectic so have not had a chance to call anybody yet but I have a list of a few places to call!

Looks like early October is about the soonest I'll manage, but that doesn't seem so far away now.

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 01:05:49 pm »
G'day,

Just joined up here and enjoying reading through a lot of information - although I'm sure this won't stop me from posting a lot of stupid questions to come!

My housemate and I have obtained a hive box each, been doing a lot of reading over the last few months, and are ready to get some bees! I left it a little late to find nucs and now can't seem to find anybody with any available before November! Can't wait to get started and even waiting those two months feels impossible at this stage!

I thought I would post here in case somebody in Brisbane (I live in Paddington/Bardon area) would know anywhere I can obtain 2 nucs available sooner than October-November? Looking for Italian bees, peferably ones selcted for ease of handling (being a beginner).

Thanks very much for taking the time to read, and I look forward to learning as much as I can off you all!

Phil K - if you are still looking , give me a call.