Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Howdy ya'll from Texas  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Kevin Goats

• New Bee
Howdy ya'll from Texas
« on: July 11, 2009, 08:33:00 pm »
Howdy, my family and I live on the Texas and Louisana border on the Gulf coast. This is my first year to keep bees. We have 3 established hives with first year queens. At harvest time, We have 22 gallons of honey. We are excited to tap into the vast knowledge offered on this forum.
                                              Y'all have a great day, Kevin

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Howdy ya'll from Texas
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 11:24:29 pm »
That is so great that you got all that honey the first year.  It feels so great to extract that honey doesn't it??

Keep in touch how things are going with the bees.

Annette

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 11:40:44 pm »
Welcome Kevin
Bobby

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 11:50:47 pm »
Hello and Welcome Kevin
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 01:58:48 pm »
Kevin, welcome to our forum, so wonderful that you found us.  Wow, you got some good honey harvesting coming on.  Remember, you need to leave those bees a whole whack of honey for the wintertime, but by the sounds of it, you'll have lots to leave on, good.  There is nothing on earth like those golden drops of sweet that our bees create, and we get...beautiful.  Stick around, this will be place where you can lean on us for learning, ask questions, all questions are important.  It will also be a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, make new friends -- we love to listen, that you will find out.  You are entering a secret world of the honeybee, the more that you investigate and learn about them, the more compelled you will be to learn, you will be held deeply under their spell, as so many of us are.  Again, stick around, we love new members.  Have that most awesomely wonderful day, to love and live, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything