Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Resident Evil in 3D - ugh  (Read 5435 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
New Resident Evil in 3D - ugh
« on: September 14, 2010, 03:09:19 pm »
I got to go to a see Resident Evil today, what a disappointment it was. I didn't see Avatar in the theaters, but this used Cameron's 3D and I think maybe 5 times I said "That's a cool effect".

But more than the weak 3D was a poor movie, with none of the great storylines of shows past, this one had a hummer of an effect that promised a good story, but then it just slowed with a handful of battles and one Boss Creature that hefted a very cool hammer axe - about 500 pounds of an axe.
It closes with an pretty cool looking =, albeit obvious ending showing the cliff-hanger. I if you are a fan like me and have $10 or so to blow, go see it. Otherwise, catch it on tv someday!

Anyway, I would have been disappointed with this if it were On-Demand.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

bigbearomaha

Re: New Resident Evil in 3D - ugh
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 03:43:48 pm »
I've never been impressed by any of the resident evil movies.  They just seem dumb to me.   i have always  thought of them as the type of show that is more interested in effects than story or character building.

Big Bear

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 03:51:33 pm »
you have to be a gamer to like those RE movies.  i never played the games, so i didn't bother with the movies.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 06:15:11 pm »
Man John, you just busted my bubble! (thanks for the revue though) I usually enjoy RE movies...guess I'll wait for it on video.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 06:29:18 pm »
Kathy is right about being a fan of the game is a real plus. If anyone wants to see sheer brilliants in Zombie and Creature battles, type Resident Evil Walk Thrus and see all the different levels - amazingly complex scenarios you need to complete and exhilarating battles.

I have the Wii version of RE4 - a lot to co-ordinate and I'm not a kid taking to nun-chuck controllers and such, but cool all the same.

And if you like this kinda stuff, up until now the movies have been spot on. If it weren't for the Boss segment, I'm not sure if I have a lot great to say. Sorry for a negative review, but that's just me - IMDB has 3500 people with an average rating above a 6 which is FAIR.

I was only one of two people, an older lady who I chatted with a lot. She saw Avatar in the same theater and said RE pushed the 3D stuff a lot more, where Avatar did it less in your face. RE3D was more like Jaws 3D with stuff sticking at you through the screen, but honestly it didn't make or break the show, but the plot burdened the movie more than anything.

If anyone else goes, please give me your feedback.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 06:50:42 pm »
I like all the Resident Evil flicks, but I haven't seen this one yet.  With 3d, I have not liked any of the 3d movies I have seen so far.  They just give me a head ache.  I would rather watch them in 2d and save some dough.   

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 04:37:00 am »
I read an article about 3d movies and it mentioned that the industry saying is: If you can't make it good, make it 3D. Although, where else is there for movie technology to go? Crystal clear HD, Audio that makes the picture feel a hundred times bigger, 3D seems like all there is left.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 11:08:29 am »
I know if you are going for 3D, you go to the animations - with their #d rendering to start with, adding 3D to it doubles the effects. I'd always rather see a good 2D movie that a crappy 3D one.

I was just thinking of "Up" with Ed Asner, I saw that om TV and found it depressing, surely not a recommended for kids animation. But I think I'd have enjoyed it much better on the screen in 3D. I still would have been depressed in the plot line and mostly negative vibes of the movie - if it weren't for the scout and bird, this movie would be about 2 old grump men yelling and fighting - lol.

Oh well. I'll be back for another 3D film I'm sure. Might even be Saw-3D - sounds wicked.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 04:21:01 pm »
Despicable me was better in 3D than UP in 3D IMO.   But my 4 year old could tell you more.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 07:59:57 pm »
i am waiting for 3D games.  when those are the norm, i'll buy a 3D TV.  that's probably as close to VR as they'll get in my life time   :'(
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.