Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New from Lumberton, MS  (Read 1682 times)

Offline mpetershat

• New Bee
New from Lumberton, MS
« on: April 12, 2009, 08:29:01 pm »

My wife is a biology teacher in a school in Hattiesburg, MS.  She wanted to start a hive this spring and asked me to help.  It has become my hobby too.  Our first hive is on our property near Lumberton.  It is 3 weeks old and of course we will be asking a lot of questions.

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
Re: New from Lumberton, MS
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:30:54 pm »
Welcome.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:34:32 pm »
Welcome to a most wonderful world, bee keeping!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 08:48:30 pm »
Hello and Welcome mpetershat
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 02:37:04 pm »
Mpetershat.  Welcome to our forum, great that you found us.  So, a hive of three weeks, you and your Wife are gonna have some fun.  You will soon see that the more you get to know about the bees, the more you will want to know, and you are already held under their spell, can't get around that.  We will be that place where you can ask questions, lean on us for advice.  This will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences; there will be many.  You will also make some new and great friends.  Stick around, we love new members, we love to listen....have that wonderful and most great day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service