Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bio Diesel  (Read 4678 times)

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Bio Diesel
« on: January 13, 2013, 12:04:29 pm »
I have started making a little biodiesel lately. For years I have been burning straight used vegetable oil in my diesel trucks but now I have graduated to bio. Anyone else going in these directions?

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bio Diesel
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 02:42:52 pm »
Hard to find used oil.  I do work for a lot of restaurants and they get a check 4 times a year for their old oil.  They lock it up here until the pump truck comes. 

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 03:46:07 am »
I haven’t tried Biodiesel, but I have tried water.  :-D

As in the Stanly Meyer water fuel cell.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer%27s_water_fuel_cell

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:45:47 am »
I run Biodiesel for a year.  It worked flawlessly.  Then I run out of free veggie oil.  In fact I moved to NY and last time I checked they wanted over 2 bucks a gallon of used veggie oil.  It costs generally around 1.30 per gallon to make bio diesel.  So i stopped making it and went back to the pump.

Good for those that can get their hands on free veggie oil
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:32:14 pm »
I had a contract with the county school system. They generated more than I could use. This year they stopped serving fried foods and now bake everything. My free oil source is about to dry up. It was good while it lasted. ( five years)

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 11:53:24 pm »
The way our government is going, pretty soon, you won,t be allowed to buy fried foods. So there will not be any vegetable oil available.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 09:12:52 am »
Jim that is sad, but I think you are correct.
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 12:45:58 pm »
I had 2 mercedes 300D's running on used vegi. About 2 years ago my free oil disappeared. With the time and labor required to collect the oil it wasn't worth it anymore to pay for the vegi oil.