Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mobile, AL joins the panic and trains firefighters to destroy hives (on trucks)  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Whatever disease Florida has it is contagious.
Now I realize that a truck with hives that gets into a wreck is a bad thing. But how often does this happen?

http://www.nbc15online.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=63443d1b-3389-4cfc-98c2-4d57cf5c842d&rss=217

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
They seem to turn one over within 500 miles of here several times a year.  Sometimes they let beekeepers round them up and sometimes they foam them and kill them.  Beats me how they decide.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
I would think that it would be some combination of the availability of beekeepers, the proximity to civilization, and the anger of the bees.

I noticed some other things in there that make me wonder...the last part about the benadryl and the meat tenderizer.  Sleepy tender people.
Rick

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
Beekeepers say if you are stung by a bee take Benadryl immediately or put meat tenderizer on the affected area. If that does not work, go to the emergency room.

I think they may be exadurating the "danger" of being stung.  If tenderizer or Beadryl don't help, just deal with it.  I don't think it's necissary to visit the ER unless you're having symptoms that aren't localized. 

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
they should just try to find a local beekeeper to be on hand,and about getting stung, yeah just deal with it.
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

anything