Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: From Toledo OH  (Read 2028 times)

Offline bens

• New Bee
From Toledo OH
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:23:10 pm »
Hello all, been lurking here for about a year.  Am new to beekeeping... starting my second season, and I officially have an addiction or obsession according to my wife.  I live in the city of Toledo and have a brand new hive in my backyard, I have 6 acres in the country and have 3 hives there (2 new and 1 one that wintered over from last year). 

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
Re: From Toledo OH
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:18:16 pm »
Welcome Bens
Bobby

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 07:39:18 am »
Hello and Welcome Bens
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 11:01:18 am »
Bens, welcome to our forum, so great you have found us.  You have found you are held deeply under the spell of the honeybee, I do not say that lightly.  They have a way to make us want to be with them, to be involved in their little lives, it is a beautiful thing.  This will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences and will also make some new friends, stick around.  Have that most awesomely great and wonderful day, love our life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 11:12:37 am »
Welcome bens I also grew up in and around Toledo so we really need to get together and BS.  I now live in Chicago, but I always go back to Toledo a couple of times a year to visit family.  This is my first year of keeping bees and I am really enjoying myself the wife is also starting to warm up to the bees and not freak out much anymore. 
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline bens

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 07:26:40 pm »
Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. 
Verrmy35, anytime you are in Toledo, look me up.  always happy to BS and have a cold one with someone who wants to talk bees.