Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Southwest GA.  (Read 1491 times)

Offline jrcorray

• New Bee
Greetings from Southwest GA.
« on: February 28, 2014, 07:00:03 pm »
Greetings all from Southwest GA.  We're in our second year keeping bees.  So far so good.  We have two hives currently that have lived through the winter.  It's been great so far.  I'm hoping to expand and get the kids involved next year.  We've been involved with the local SOWEGA beekeepers for a while and have learned a lot but learn more every day.
-Jesse

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
Re: Greetings from Southwest GA.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:21:48 pm »
Welcome!  If you have wintered two hives successfully you are certainly ahead of me!  We in the Great White North don't know if we will have bees or a summer for sure! 

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:40:14 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Jesse.  If you run into a question, just post it someone will give you an answer.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 09:00:05 am »
Welcome to the group, Jesse. :bee:

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 10:12:01 am »
Welcome and Congrats on making it through winter. This was my first winter and I'm ready to gear up and hopefully split my one hive this year.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

anything