Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Constructive Criticism  (Read 6403 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Constructive Criticism
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 12:21:45 am »
Pondman, it sure is nice when the bees cooperate, not that they always do. Most of my videos of me removing established colonies I do have a jacket and veil on. The veil may be thrown back behind my head, but it is there at the ready just in case the bees decide to become pissy.

At this day and age our bees for the most part are downright enjoyable to be around. I hope things stay like this for some time to come.

With that said I believe the smoker to be the bee keeper's best friend. It is an invaluable tool. Without it a lot of what you see on my videos would not be possible, I kid you not. A little smoke goes a long way and will in most instances IMO keep your butt safe around and in the bees.

Scott, I meant to tell you, I like the idea of showing bees in my apiary. I will be including some footage soon.

I actually was going to do a video of me cutting the grass with the tractor last week at one of my bee yards but I forgot the camera at the house!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 08:48:17 am »
Well JP, thanks to you and your videos (and Irwin too) Peggy's bugging me to get a new video camera. I'm like...ugh shouldn't we buy a new stove or something first hon? :-D

Scott
Well Scott you know what the first video will have to be :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 09:09:35 am »
I hear ya Irwin :-D I'll have to get a payday or 3 under my belt first though and who knows, she might go with the oven after all :roll:

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline catfishbill

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2010, 06:50:07 pm »
hey jp no criticism here.i have been shareing the videos with all the guys at work.after planes are gone its bee cut out video time.thanks for the videos.keep on keepin on.