Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another Chimney Colony  (Read 2282 times)

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
Another Chimney Colony
« on: April 30, 2010, 12:13:15 am »
This cut out yeilded a deep and a half of brood and enough bees to populate 2 double deep hives and one single deep.  Lucky me there were enough hanging queen cells to give one to each.  :-D

By beeefarmer at 2010-04-29
More posted here
http://img21.imageshack.us/g/dscn0611n.jpg/
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Another Chimney Colony
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:03:43 am »
that's a lot of bees.  i love that kind of siding.  it makes life so much easier  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 12:18:39 pm »
Yes Miss Kathy,
and its always makes for a easy cut out when they are going to doze the building down as soon as the bees are gone so the dozer operator does not get ate up.  The only draw back was carrying the equipment in and out of the building te floor kept falling through! Thank goodness for the old semi rotten carpet.... when I heard the cracking of plywood I kicked in the ole hillbilly quick step.. :pinkelephant:..kept me from going all the way to the ground while carring a box full of bees.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 12:28:28 pm »
Nice to get one of those now and then. By the way, "good job".

I have one tomorrow in an 1876 home. The inner wall has been sheetrocked, so no telling what may be behind it. Wish me luck.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 04:32:12 pm »
GOooooooooooooooooooAl!
be happy and make others happy.