Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Frustrating day for swarms  (Read 2934 times)

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
Frustrating day for swarms
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:02:20 pm »
I received three calls for swarms. I asked all the right questions, got all the right answers. I arrived and saw-get this-all three fly away as I set up. Two were waist high and as huge as beach balls. The third was too high and made an audible sound as they left the tree and flew away. Lost lots of gas, spent hours running around, but it was cool to see the swarms take off by the thousands and soar away into the big blue. Tomorrows another day....
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Frustrating day for swarms
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 11:43:26 pm »
Wow, that was strange to have all three run away. Then again, I do not know anything about swarms. Lucky you for having seen the beauty of it.

You are having fun with all this, and this inspires me to think about getting onto a swarm list.

Take care
Annette

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:52:20 am »
Invest in a garden sprayer. Fill it with sugar water and ice. As soon as you arrive on sight. spray them down. Then unload. It won't prevent all fly offs but it will help.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 09:02:19 am by Understudy »
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 01:14:13 am »
I received three calls for swarms. I asked all the right questions, got all the right answers. I arrived and saw-get this-all three fly away as I set up. Two were waist high and as huge as beach balls. The third was too high and made an audible sound as they left the tree and flew away. Lost lots of gas, spent hours running around, but it was cool to see the swarms take off by the thousands and soar away into the big blue. Tomorrows another day....

Dude!!!!! That sucked!!

Good luck tomorrow.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 09:13:35 am »
Invest in a garden sprayer. Fill it with sugar water and ice. As soon as you arrive on sight. spray them down. Then unload. It won't prevent all fly offs but it will help.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

good idea. I didn't even have time for that on the two low hangers. They flew as I was literally turning off car and getting out. One was in backyard and all I saw was a cloud going over house. The third was suppossed to be 7ft off ground. It was about 45ft. the man was wheeelchair bound and I think was lonely and didn't tell me the truth when I asked him how high. I am not a fan of heights as it could interfere w/ day job. Not worth risk for me at this stage in life. This man has a hive in an old walnut tree about 60ft off ground. I'll talk to him about a swarm trap for next season.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

anything