1 (11.1%)
Puma
0 (0%)
Panther
4 (44.4%)
I dunno
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Wild Pumas roaming the Australian bush?  (Read 32148 times)

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
Re: Wild Pumas roaming the Australian bush?
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 01:42:02 pm »
the gov. does have a way of denying things that dont fit "their" definition of how things aught to be,  i know a couple of cowboys here in my area (i've been in colorado 2 years now) who were told that the are no grizzly bears here,  then the rangers tried to fine them heavily when they roped it and ear tagged it.  also a friend over on the utah border was told there are no wolves in the area,  again he hung 6 on the fence after they devistated his sheep,  and the wildlife officials who told him " they aint none around here" tried to cause trouble.  many times throughout history the people who live in an area are told by the "scientists" that they're imagining things only to one day wake up and read about the great find in the national news papers.  gotta wonder
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2008, 12:22:46 am »
the gov. does have a way of denying things that dont fit "their" definition of how things aught to be,  i know a couple of cowboys here in my area (i've been in colorado 2 years now) who were told that the are no grizzly bears here,  then the rangers tried to fine them heavily when they roped it and ear tagged it.  also a friend over on the utah border was told there are no wolves in the area,  again he hung 6 on the fence after they devistated his sheep,  and the wildlife officials who told him " they aint none around here" tried to cause trouble.  many times throughout history the people who live in an area are told by the "scientists" that they're imagining things only to one day wake up and read about the great find in the national news papers.  gotta wonder

Still, where does that put UFO's and Bigfoot?
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 05:42:58 pm »
if you remember Gorillas were considered a hoax until the 1830's by "modern" science.  usually until someone from academia says its so it ain't so

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 08:00:14 pm »
I'm pretty sure they aren't eating the alligators, but i know they are down their.

Yep! Saw it on the Discovery channel..... Or was it animal planet?

Gotta remember that Alligators are from 1 to 14 feet long.  So sure a Python, Boa, or even the lowly Cotton Mouth could and do find some in their size. :)

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 08:06:05 pm »
they (scientific community ) didn't believe Gorillas existed until the 1830's even though they had insurmountable proof to the contrary it took some academic geek to go down and see them to prove gorillas existed. remember people don't like to admit something until an "expert" agrees with them

Keith

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2008, 04:19:51 am »
We had a good story during the week on the TV. No decent footage really, but lots of paw prints and eye witnesses, as credible as anyone. They all said they were looking at a puma, huge thing. Its getting closer to houses. Bolder and more arrogant. There is a breeding colony of these I am convinced. I think it could be a mix of old circus animals thet were known to have escaped in the 30s and the mascots known to have been released by the US forces in the 40s.

You can tell these people are telling the truth.

The Government dept. in charge in  NSW now says THEY are out there. A backflip if ever I heard one.

anything