Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi all from Eastern Ohio  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Daddy-T

• New Bee
Hi all from Eastern Ohio
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:23:31 am »
Hi all,
We are in eastern Ohio, Mahoning County. We bought a place in the woods about 2 years ago and it has grown into about more then I can handle  . We started keeping Bees last year to pollinate our 2 acres of melons and squash. We are still learning. We have some 40 chickens, and this year we went from 2 hives of Buckfest to 12 hives. We have added 10 hives of NWC to our bee yard. We love it !!!! I have been reading all of the posts for some time now and wanted to start getting in on some of the topics. We just bought a Walter Kelly 33 frame extractor from a friend down south and we are planning out first harvest the weekend after the 4th of July. We are making it a picnic and harvest event for the whole family….LOL We have about 8 full Capped honey supers to get emptied. My wife “Lorah” and children “Rochelle 14, Benjamin 13, Amy 9” are all helping to make this happen. The kids and I keep a journal to track what we are doing and so we can look back at what we have done.

I just wanted to say to Michael, Beth, Robo, Sherryl, Ryan and all the rest Thank-you so much for all the Great info!!!!! Us newbee’s can use all the help we can get.

Tim
Pass it on to the kids

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Hi all from Eastern Ohio
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 01:25:43 am »
Tim it is great to have you here. It sounds like you are on the right track. I am glad to hear that you have your kids involved. We all have info to bring to the board no matter if you are a new-be or a seasoned bee keeper, this is my first year :D . I am shure that we will hear alot of great stories and info from you in the future. Once again it is great to have you with us, see ya on the forums! :D
Ryan Horn

Offline beandoggle66

• New Bee
Hi all from Eastern Ohio
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 04:05:35 pm »
That is a great idea making it a family affair and getting everyone involved. I think I will reccomend that to my wife when we uncap honey.  Have a family cookout.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Hi all from Eastern Ohio
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 09:30:17 pm »
Hey Daddy-T:

Sorry for the SLOW welcome from the site Admin. guy - It is inexcusable to not be around to welcome new folks aboard, but our membership (headed by a wonderful group of Moderators) is always here to make you first posts as importantly attended to as they should.

It is a busy time here at Beemaster Central (just a silly name for my tiny 100x50 chunk of sub-urban realty - I'm either working steady, fixing up the yard, RVing or taking care of family members who are the real priority in my life.

I know you will have a great time here - the Karma of this forum is very friendly and positive, and although THAT occurs fairly easy (especially knowing the MAIN TOPIC of our gathering) we still have a great Mod group that does a fantastic job of being available to always help or direct members to where they can always find help when needed, or just be there to Chat when general conversation is all that is needed.

So again, welcome and enjoy the Bee Forums :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything