Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 1/8 or #8 Mesh/Screen  (Read 9965 times)

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
1/8 or #8 Mesh/Screen
« on: June 08, 2010, 03:16:12 pm »
I've been trying to find the 1/8 MESH at Lowes and Home Depot. They don't sell them. 1/4 is the smallest and that's too big for a bottom screen.
Where do you buy yours? (I'm located in the San Francisco Bay Area - around San Jose to be more precise).

I see they sell aluminum screen that's flexible for window screens but to me it doesn't seem rigid enough.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: 1/8 or #8 Mesh/Screen
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 03:23:10 pm »
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 04:31:18 pm »
Hardware store like True Value

Offline Pink Cow

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 05:25:00 pm »
I buy it regularly at Orchard Supply Hardware. I think it was about $2.50-2.75 per foot for 24" wide a couple of weeks ago when I last got some.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 05:35:30 pm »
My local Ace Hardware orders it in for me. 36"x100' for $90.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 06:04:46 pm »
I couldn't find the right stuff locally (and didn't want to pay huge shipping cost for a roll, or wait for shipping), so I used 2 layers of 1/4" mesh (I think?) offset to give the exact same size as the varroa mesh I purchased from Dadant.  It was under $10 for a 25' roll, so I can make alot of SBB's, even doubled up.  Also, if you only need to make a few (and have some other stuff to order), you can buy individual sheets of plastic varroa screen from Dadant (I used one sheet to make 2 partial screened bottom boards and they are only about $2.75 each sheet.
-Mike

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 10:24:55 pm »
OSH it is. Thanks!

anything