Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: nest box  (Read 2677 times)

Offline the bee boy

• New Bee
  • "PLEASE, just ONE more cookie?!!!!"
nest box
« on: January 27, 2010, 01:43:50 pm »
can i have only one nest box for three chickens?
"when life gives you lemons, squirt them in your enemy's eyes!"

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: nest box
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:20:39 am »
Bee boy, yes.  I have three nest boxes in each chickenhouse, and they only like to use one box, makes for an easy egg picking up time.  Good luck with your chickens, when you getting them?  Have that great and most awesomey great day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:54:55 am »
When three of them decide to go broody in the one small nest, with one upside down and legs sticking up in the air, then it might be time to manage things differently.

Offline the bee boy

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 12:23:31 pm »
thanks cindi! i am going to order my baby chicks from this place called farmer dave's farm market in a few days. then they will order all the baby chicks that they got orders for from a hatchery and when they arrive i will come pick them up and take them home they are $3.00 each. more info in a few.

Offline the bee boy

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 01:09:17 pm »
i had to leave to go get gas for our generator. they say it's gonna snow 12 inches!! and it's gonna be icy so the power will probably be out. any way, i am so exited about geting baby chicks!!! i am going to get three hens: one silkie (named luna from harry potter) onebuff orpington  named heromine (from harry potter) and one barred plymoth rock (named taylor). they will have them by the end of feburary. they arn't selling them at there store like a feed store. i have almost fineshed the plans for my coop. it is going to be 6 feet long and 3 feet wide. the coop will be 3 feet x 3 feet and so will the run.