Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Some Purdy Flowers in Oregon  (Read 2711 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
Some Purdy Flowers in Oregon
« on: May 13, 2008, 05:52:50 pm »
Wow, Spring has sprung in Grants Pass Oregon...took some pics of flowers in our garden, as well as neighborhood photos...

Dogwood Tree

Wild Azalea over Gilbert Creek which runs through the back of our property
[img=http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7526/img00101qn1.th.jpg]http://

Lilacs are everywhere

Iris are everywhere too!

An old house with rhododendrons in front...

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Some Purdy Flowers in Oregon
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:13:02 pm »
this is the best time of the year up here.  as a S. CA gal, i have a  hard time with all the green.  it's just to much!  the spring has great colour and breaks up all the green  :evil:

great pictures!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 06:39:03 pm »
Kathy, It was just jaw dropping for me. Everywhere we went, blooms and colors...Hawthorne trees, Dogwood, Iris, Tulips, Lilac, growing like weeds.

We drove to Galice, along the Rogue River, over to Sunny Valley... it was heavenly.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:13:26 am »
Sharon, ooh, pictures, I love to see the pictures, be grateful that we have those eyes to see, and so many thanks for sharing these lovelies with us.  Great day in this greatest of lives.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything