Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sawdust Vacuum System  (Read 7024 times)

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
Sawdust Vacuum System
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:21:27 am »
Anybody have experience or any thoughts on the attached?

Just trying to keep the garage a little cleaner!

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=97869-7VGA
"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
Re: Sawdust Vacuum System
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 02:05:16 pm »
Goodness knows I would love it.  I merely take a 6hp shop vac and move it from tool to tool as I use it.  I mostly own Delta and Ryobi for price reasons and my Belt, drum sanders, and router table all have built in attachments for the vacuum hook up. No where near the cleanliness the vacuum system offers but works pretty well.  I made a plywood encasing for the bottom of my table saw to attach the vacuum to it.  The trick to the system is the piping hook up.  Some day when I am rich and famous.. maybe
Bees are the key to life as we know it.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:49:01 pm »
Anybody have experience or any thoughts on the attached?

Just trying to keep the garage a little cleaner!

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=97869-7VGA
The dust system link that you posted looks like it would do a good job. The only real draw back is the fact that it is a 120v. motor. Do the offer it in a 240v. version ? Then it would cost 1/2 as much to operate.

Offline David LaFerney

• Field Bee
    • The Door Garden
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:24:00 pm »
I have one about like that, but after using it for a while I ditched the bags and just ran an exhaust pipe out back of the shop.  You would think that you would quickly have a giant heap of sawdust, but it hasn't really been a problem.  No more bag emptying and it runs at full suction all the time.  Anyone who does much woood working needs some kind of dust collection to keep it out of the lungs.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 11:17:26 pm »
Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know of a better unit for the money?

"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

Offline Ted n Ms

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 10:08:47 pm »
I have this one and love it. Grizzly Tools.com

G1029Z2 2 HP Dust Collector with 2.5 Micron Bag and New Impeller
$279.00

You can't hoot with the owls and soar with eagles!!

Offline bull

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 03:21:28 am »
I picked one up used, took off the bag and placed a large trash can on it now i pull vacuum on the trash can the lid Ive cut a hole with cover,to adjust pressure and run a vac hose through the lid to a 7 gal chlorine bucket i cut out 1/3 of the bucket and replaced it with some metal selves that had small holes in it
the bucket fell apart last fall its ocword to move but work fine on swarms.
I'm still learning to post , ill ask some one to show me how to post pic's.

Offline jhs494

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 09:14:38 pm »
I purchased one from Penn State Industries several years ago. It has worked well for me. I have no real complaints about it. You sure can notice the difference when you use it.
Joe S.

Offline Ollie

• House Bee
    • www.olliesrockwall.com
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 11:30:11 pm »
I have two Reliant dust collectors in the shop, one similar to that picture, the other a floor model.
Most of those have induction motors that you can convert to 220V. They work well, better in 220V.
The piping I got from home depot (rigid makes it), I thought it was going to be kinda cheesy, but it works really well, come with gates and clear tubes, really easy to work with. then I added some hoses, all kinds of fitting to all power tools, it makes life much more enjoyable in the shop.
One I have set up so that it comes on when the table saw turns on., the other connected to all that piping.
Life is good...Make it gooder!