Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Edited: What's this doing on a honey plant search?  (Read 1793 times)

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
Edited: What's this doing on a honey plant search?
« on: August 27, 2005, 01:05:36 am »
Found this while searching for honey plants and bloom dates.

http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1769

Take care!

David
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

manowar422

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 01:15:17 pm »
Honey is graded by color and the most desirable and expensive is "water white," Dunn said. He has a beekeeper friend in Mississippi who has a basswood forest and produces the clear honey. Dunn found a basswood tree in Searcy and got sprouts to plant in his yard.

Dunn said most of his honey is dark amber and he collects honey from June through October. Some yards will produce as much as five gallons of honey per week if they are located near a good soybean field.

If your searching the net for honey plants, I'd say this part fits your
request. I read it and learned Basswood trees produce water white
honey 8)

Offline TAH

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 01:09:41 am »
Quote from: manowar422

If your searching the net for honey plants, I'd say this part fits your
request. I read it and learned Basswood trees produce water white
honey 8)

That must be why my last batch of honey was almost clear. I have hundreds of basswood trees around but I have never seen flowers on them or bees around.

anything