Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: dubble deep brood boxes (top 90% drawn out!) and feeding 1-1  (Read 1429 times)

Offline adamant

• House Bee
dubble deep brood boxes (top 90% drawn out!) and feeding 1-1
« on: September 08, 2012, 01:05:49 pm »
i have some hives that where packages in the spring and i stopped feeding late summer but i noticed that the top brood box has 2 end frames that are not drawled out. i will start feeding them today at a ratio of 1 to 1 . will that will that help them make comb or should i go to 2-1 ratio?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: dubble deep brood boxes (top 90% drawn out!) and feeding 1-1
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 02:06:23 pm »
Move the outer frames in a space or two so they will draw them out.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 02:06:54 pm »
Ditto what Scott said!! :)

Offline adamant

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 02:18:39 pm »
And keep 1-1 ratio feed?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:48:19 pm »
All we feed here in FL is 1:1 but up by you most feed 2:1 at this time of year to encourage storage. If you have a fall flow going now you can wait a bit I would think but get local advice on this.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 02:55:09 pm »
Yeap, just listen to Hardwood.  Good luck with your bees

Joe

anything