Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Soon to be "newbee" keeper - SW Ohio  (Read 1899 times)

Offline scalkins257

• Brood
  • Well done is better than well said.
Soon to be "newbee" keeper - SW Ohio
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:32:33 pm »
Hello from Lebanon Ohio! (Southwestern part of Ohio between Dayton and Cincinnati)
Looking forward to keeping bees on the 5 acres here. I wanted to plant an orchard this year and a huge organic garden with a lot of bee-lovin plants in it. Looking at all types of top bar hives and think I'm going for the smaller natural bees to raise also. Looking forward to interacting with everyone. Doing all my homework right now and will be taking bee classes locally here soon. If I don't get the bees this year will probably get them early next year.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
Re: Soon to be "newbee" keeper - SW Ohio
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 05:19:17 pm »
You have plenty of time to get ready to keep bees, but you can't do it without bees and it is getting late now.  Order a couple of packages soon as you can.  Welcome and good luck.  Classes are great but keeping bees is the best class.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 07:29:22 pm »
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined in.
Now get those bees lined up.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 07:34:35 pm »
Welcome to the forum, scalkins.  If and when you have any questions, just post em someone will get you an answer.  Good luck

Joe

Offline scalkins257

• Brood
  • Well done is better than well said.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 08:37:41 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Bit the bullet and ordered some bees, top bar hive etc. Guess on the job training is always better than book smarts. I'll be back with questions I'm sure. The bees wont arrive till late April but I'm pretty darn excited right now.!  :-D

anything