Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Bakersfield ,CA  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Baughman

• New Bee
Hello from Bakersfield ,CA
« on: October 09, 2009, 08:37:15 pm »
 Hi! i am wanting to learn as much as i can before getting into beekeeping.. i own almond orchards and i was wanting to get into beekeeping for a way to save me money every year and also a way to make extra money. i dont know a thing about beekeeping , so any advice would help. thank you for your time

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
Re: Hello from Bakersfield ,CA
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 09:24:39 pm »
Welcome Baughman, you will find just about anything you want to know here.
Bobby

Offline JWPick

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 09:48:47 pm »
Welcome Baughman! Great to have you on the Forum. There are a lot of past and recent postd you can check out in order to learn a lot. I would also reccommend contacting your local beek association, they can help you tremendously. Read articles and books (I really like "Beekeeping for Dummies") and ask all the questions you want on this Forum. There are a lot of wonderful and experienced people willing to help and share, possibly closer to you than you think. Have fun.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 10:27:48 pm »
Welcome Baughman. Like JWPick  indicated the 2nd edition Beekeeping for Dummies is well written and easy to follow. There are a fair amount of people that post from CA so I am sure you can tap in to some of your state mates here. One of the best methods I have used to start new package bees was a guy helping orchard owners get started in keeping bees was from CA. Enjoy your new fascinating new hobby and may it bring you as much joy as it does us.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 12:37:26 am »
Hello and Welcome Baughman
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 01:37:30 pm »
Baughman, welcome to our forum, wonderful you found us.  THis will be a place where you can learn as much as you want, a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences -- we are a group of people that love to listen, and offer advice, answer questions, here too you will make some new and great friends.  The more that you learn about the honeybee and how to take care of them, the more you will want to learn, you will be held under their spell, as we all are too.  Stick around, we love new members.  Have that most beautiful and awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service