Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 4H pig is gone  (Read 2801 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
4H pig is gone
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:06:35 pm »
Frank the tank got loaded today after a week of fair.  He was 233lbs and made the son 3.75 a lb.  Always hard!!!

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: 4H pig is gone
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:54:40 pm »
It would be hard for mevto spend that much time and effort on an animal and then sell it for slaughter. I admire the people that can.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 11:56:05 pm »
i went to auction with one of the high school boys when he took his steer.  he cried.  it's a hard thing.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 12:21:37 pm »
Most people dont realize just how smart hogs are.  The day we took him to fair I tried to get him to slop down a gallon of cheese whey with cake batter mixed in. he was so close to the 220 required to sell I didn't want to take a chance that he would be light.     He would have no part of it.  When we got him in his show stall he wouldn't eat or look at me for 2 days.  If I tried to force him to look up he would have a fit.