Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 5 Swarms Today  (Read 7590 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
5 Swarms Today
« on: March 24, 2008, 11:27:55 pm »
What a busy day, and I ran out of time to do everything I wanted to today. Left one swarm hangin' and had some cut out estimates to give but the swarms! Man, it seemed like everybody and their brother had swarms today. It was a lot of fun, and I was able to give one of my mentors 4 of the swarms. He was tickled pink. Hope ya'll enjoy the pics.
http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/March242008

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
Re: 5 Swarms Today
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:54:42 pm »
awesome !

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 11:59:54 pm »
Gosh JP, You truly are the swarm king. Why are their so many bees over there and I do not see any swarms over here even though I am in the country and it is warm?
Annette

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 12:04:33 am »
Gosh JP, You truly are the swarm king. Why are their so many bees over there and I do not see any swarms over here even though I am in the country and it is warm?
Annette

Annette, I am on lists, in the phonebook, on the internet, I have exposed myself. Because I have exposed myself, I get lots of calls. Now its your turn Annette. Go for it! You will get the calls!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:11:10 am »
Ok I understand. I do not want to advertise unless I know I can do something. So for now, it would have to come to me easily. I will just get the swarm trap up and see what happens.

Thanks
Annette

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:14:08 am »
Ok I understand. I do not want to advertise unless I know I can do something. So for now, it would have to come to me easily. I will just get the swarm trap up and see what happens.

Thanks
Annette

I know a few that just pick and choose the ones they want. A friend only collects swarms. How about adding your name to a list, you can specify what areas you are willing to travel in, and things like, will only hive swarms under 10' from the ground, etc...

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 12:15:41 am »
I will think about it all. But I want to know if you snuck in while Cindi is away and got your Whoopo??

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:42:22 am »
Heehee...I start days off tomorrow, gonna look for swarms...LOL...maybe I will have more luck, or not?

5 in a day...wowsers!

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 02:00:53 am »
Jp, with all the swarms you have where do you keep them all? I think since I have been on the forums you have captured at least 30 or more.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 04:59:12 am »
Jp, with all the swarms you have where do you keep them all? I think since I have been on the forums you have captured at least 30 or more.

Shawn, I can't keep them all, so I hook friends up and the like.

Annette, right after I housed one of the swarms, these ducks flew in. The owners said that was the first time that had ever happened. I kept calling, "here whoppo, here whoppo". but they just ignored me. By the time I had run to the store for a few roasting bags, they were gone! Must have been canadian ducks!

...JP

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 12:45:57 pm »
annette, i am only taking the ones that i am confident i can do and do well.  yesterday i turned down two.  i figure if i'm not charging i can be picky. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 07:29:02 pm »
Annette

Annette, I am on lists, in the phonebook, on the internet, I have exposed myself. Because I have exposed myself, I get lots of calls. Now its your turn Annette. Go for it! You will get the calls!!!

...JP

I do all of that and I got one call in 3 yrs. I got that one only because someone else turned it down. I have my cards out to police, fire, exterminators, on here, w/ NJBA etc. I personally believe there are very few feral bees where I live. I believe it depends on where you are. Seems the southern crowd defintiely get more calls, or they happen to be members on this forum!
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 07:46:11 pm »
last years and the one i just did were located next to orchards.  i wonder if they originated from old swarms from pollination hives.  i know that my friend with the berry fields says she gets swarms most years from the hives that are brought in.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 03:15:13 pm »
Sooner or later you have to run out of equipment. :)

Congrads. keep going.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 11:19:44 pm »
Sooner or later you have to run out of equipment. :)

Congrads. keep going.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

I put in an order on Monday for 40 more deeps and 30 mediums and some bottom boards, top covers and frames. I am scraping the bottom of what woodenware I had in stock.

...JP

Offline Hayesbo

• House Bee
  • My son. Almost 6 and loves helping me w/the bees
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 09:35:49 pm »

...JP

I am still waiting for Anette to "expose" herself. :evil: :evil:

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 09:40:52 pm »
 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Offline catfishbill

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 03:51:33 pm »
keep it going JP!I don't think any more bee's are going to make it this far north!

Offline Jingles

• New Bee
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 06:32:23 pm »
Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing!

Love, Marla