Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Spell Checker  (Read 9564 times)

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
Spell Checker
« on: February 28, 2008, 12:18:08 pm »
Don't really see a forum for this but it made me laugh when I thought about all the boards (not just this one) where the spelling police lurk. They get on someone for a misspelled word even though the know exactly what the person typing the message meant.

Don't even think about using spell check!!!!!!!!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee tah t I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan m nid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabri gde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it. 
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Spell Checker
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 09:58:22 am »
Romahawk.  That was funnnneeeee.  Interesting for sure how our minds work.  Interesting how we can still read stuff like that.  That kind of post, I think should go into the forum called "chat", it is one of the last ones on the front page of Beemaster.  Check it out.  I think this post will get moved there anyways, one of the Mods will move it likely. Have a wonderful and greatest of days.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 10:19:21 pm »
I had no problem reading that -as far as the spelling police-I call them the spelling bees and they dont lurk here nobody realy pushes spelling did you have a bad experience with a spellbee-RDY-B

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 12:32:17 am »
Yeh, rdb-y
Spelling,...spelling and punctuation..I never notice things like that!!!
 I mean, while i write this it may take me 5 minutes.....and then another 15 to correct all the mistakes!!...and all with 2 fingers!
your friend,
john

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 06:24:53 am »
Spell checkers are no good when the word is spelled right but used wrong
our, are, or, hour
Their, there, they're
buy, by, bye
to, too, two
one, won,
know, no,

I no their or more, but it is early in the mourning. Or is that morning?  :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 08:43:32 am »
I try very hard to spell properly, use the proper word (as Jerry has outlined) , grammar and punctuation.  Of course I loved English class and grammar and all that - I wanted to be an English teacher.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 10:43:32 am »
I have always struggled with this and admire people that can communicate well and make the words flow. I always use spell check but I struggle with proper word usage, grammar, punctuation. I am a carpenter not a writer. Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 11:03:36 am »
I try very hard to spell properly, use the proper word (as Jerry has outlined) , grammar and punctuation.  Of course I loved English class and grammar and all that - I wanted to be an English teacher.

I think that you are also my twin, Ann, (did I say that to you already?, hee, hee, Jody is my twin too.....).   Have a wonderful, most beautiful day on this great planet, Earth.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 12:12:35 pm »

I think that you are also my twin, Ann, (did I say that to you already?, hee, hee, Jody is my twin too.....).   Have a wonderful, most beautiful day on this great planet, Earth.  Cindi

I think so, Cindi, you're my sister with a different mother  :lol:  So we're actually triplets!  :lol: :lol:

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 01:03:09 am »
I have always struggled with this and admire people that can communicate well and make the words flow. I always use spell check but I struggle with proper word usage, grammar, punctuation. I am a carpenter not a writer. Steve

I'm just the opposite, but I still need a good spell checker and punctuation guide when the wife's busy.  I can write well, I just can't spell or punctuate worth a darn.  I drive Editors crazy--meaning they earn their money with me.  If you want the crooked little house built my the crooked little man just call on me..and I can make the rain come down cause my shed "roof has a hole in it and I might drown."  5th Demension wasn't it?
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 12:07:21 am »
Brian, ha, you making me laugh!!!  You had a numeral correct in the name of the song, "Oh no don't let the rain come down". It was actually "The Brothers Four" that sang that song.  One of my favourite songs of all time.  Now I'm going to be singing that in my head all night, thanks!!!!!!!!!  Have a beautiful and wonderful day, love our life we live.  Cindi

Offline abates99

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 06:42:41 pm »
I just read your message, I was laughing while reading it.  It was a breeze and funny because I had no problem reading it.  It looked like something I have typed in a hurry and then looked back over it.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 11:33:57 pm »
Jerrymac I've been mourning all the morning about these mispeld wurds.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 12:42:22 am »
Well, I should never have gone back a couple of posts here, now I am going to be with that ding dang song, "Oh no don't let the rain come down" stuck in my head again, eeek!!!!  So, go and have a wonderful night, look what you have done, rats!!!!  Cindi

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 01:18:21 am »
Well, I should never have gone back a couple of posts here, now I am going to be with that ding dang song, "Oh no don't let the rain come down" stuck in my head again, eeek!!!!  So, go and have a wonderful night, look what you have done, rats!!!!  Cindi

I have to be very careful with songs. They get stuck in my head so easy. Watched funny girl a few night ago and have a song stuck now in my head. I totally understand how you feel. Have a wonderful evening funny girl - I mean Cindi.

Annettte

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 09:00:22 am »
Annette.   :) :) :) 8-)  Beautiful and most wonderful day, girl.  Cindi

Offline Barbara

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 12:46:19 pm »
I think in most cases, people's brains know how to spell the word correctly . . . it's their fingers that have the problem.  :-D

Barbara
Barbara