Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This is it! Michael Jackson  (Read 3043 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
This is it! Michael Jackson
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:31:37 pm »
Wow is all I can say, strictly on how impressed he wasn't a washed out druggy, he was SPOT ON with everything he did. His control of everything is amazing and WITHOUT a DOUBT this movie will win ACADEMY AWARDS for something!

You are swept away at the enthusiam that young dancers and singer are interviewed throughout, you never feel it to be a show about mourning him - it is a celebration of what would be his LAST and to many his BEST show ever.

His moves have only a pinch of aging in them, yet you can see him shuffling to his music - his voice is phenominal throughout, although some tracks the sound is prerecorded as he practices dance routines (they save his voice as much as possible during long practices and the recording works perfect for him and all to syncronise with.They have many short films that sweep you into them with the music, you feel as if MJ is standing feet away explaining to you and the filmed group what is what and how to make it better.

Wonder if anyone else is going to or has seen it. Roger Ebert gave it 4 stars saying it is THE BEST BIOGRAPHICAL MUSIC DOCUMENTARY he has ever seen before! and I say I agree, it is weaved from preact to practice, you will see Jacksons clothes constantly change as they use clips "seemlessly" from other practices to put together this concert and practice section pass with - great film editing.

It is an experience and I am 51, only a few weeks older than MJ. I followed him all my life (as far as hearing their/then his music on the radio) So seening a Jackson in TIP TOP HEALTH - trust me, I wouldn't want to try the 16 hour practice days where it is non-stop sing and dance.

I make no judgment on Micheal Jackson personally, I believe no matter what happened, he OPENED THE DOOR for suspicion on all sides. I have my own opinions beyond that, but I'll conclude Macally Culkin was a creep for the day he was born - ugh.

Forget all that, watch and see a preformance that feels like a concert, yet you have closer than a backstage pass, you are in the mix - great camera work too.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 04:02:54 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: This is it! Michael Jackson
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 03:41:43 pm »
Wow, you have just convinced me to go see this movie.  I originally was not going to see it because I just had it with all the publicity surrounding his death.

But this sounds like a breath of fresh air, which is what he was at the top of his game.

Thanks John

I will let you know what I thought of it.

Annette

anything