Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Expanding---A Lotta More Bee Hives  (Read 13576 times)

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: Expanding---a Lotta More Bee Hives
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 12:58:24 am »
Wow Jp Good for you! It sounds like you have all the help and support you need to take on this new adventure. I wish you the best getting it all going. :)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 10:44:11 am »
Its Easter Sunday, Its been a long week, I have lots of frames to build I'm at 46 colonies now and if I can get my butt moving there are three swarms I know of for the taking right now.

One is gold as they are in a trap I left at a customer's house last yr which we caught 2 in last yr. One is in a small tree uptown new Orleans and the other is in Houma, about 30-35 minutes from me.

Decisions vs laziness vs being worn out from a long week.  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 10:46:54 am »
JP i hope you have a bountiful harvest this year to pay for all the woodenware!   :)

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 12:21:48 pm »
Buck up there kiddo, before you know it it'll be winter and you'll be twiddling your thumbs again! I've had to all but stop my day job with how crazy the swarms have been already this year. I picked up 3 last week and had a cut out just yesterday. Had to order 2500 unassembled frames from Dadant for pick up next week...seems they're way behind on assembled ones.

I'm really looking forward to kickin' back a little at Bud's!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline jimmy

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 03:46:18 pm »
JP ,I pray your endeavor goes right and and knowing the positive  person you are,I am sure it will. Great you are doing something for JP. Wish I was able to come help you.You have been a great friend to know. Jim

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 05:30:20 pm »
And Jimmy you know if there's anything you two need, please let me know. How are you guys feeling?

...JP

Offline Grandma_DOG

• House Bee
  • Build it, and they will comb.
    • LearningBeekeeping
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 03:31:45 am »
Thumbs up to you, JP. Remember to have fun expanding, often we forget.

I'm kicking butt this spring catching swarms, but I'm not ready to get bigger so I need to  sell off *alot* of hives and nucs this spring.

Here is my new book on Swarm Trapping at http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekeeping-articles/how-to-swarm-trap/ and follow me on youtube at OutOfaBlueSky

Offline bull

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 12:07:02 am »
Go get them JP , i wintered 1 hive , now there's 5 and i'm sharing with the old timers .
7 swarms and 1 cut out ,soon the weather will brake and they will swarm again.
rigging trailers to move the boxs , and neck deep with my Queen about the bee's.
Just wait till my order of supplys come to the house.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 01:16:58 am »
Go get them JP , i wintered 1 hive , now there's 5 and i'm sharing with the old timers .
7 swarms and 1 cut out ,soon the weather will brake and they will swarm again.
rigging trailers to move the boxs , and neck deep with my Queen about the bee's.
Just wait till my order of supplys come to the house.

My last order of woodenware, frames, top covers and bottom boards arrived two days ago and weighed 1500lbs!  :shock:

...JP

Offline bull

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 02:25:22 am »
JP , I really enjoyed the photos . Nice to see some one else that gets in to a mess of bee's.
I ordered a cypress hive for the yard in town. (Vanity Hive )
need to wield on the trailers and fit box's on them , so i can move them around.
I was down last year ,trying to make up for it.