Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: pollination starts in california  (Read 3666 times)

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
pollination starts in california
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:29:17 pm »
I cant take credit for this but it is fun to watch 8-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mVQuc1Udgc    RDY-B

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: pollination starts in california
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:18:57 pm »
that was a cool video, I enjoyed it.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 01:45:10 am »
The music was great. I felt very sad seeing all those beehives on the truck. I guess with my two hives sitting peacfully on the hillside, it feels very unnatural to be moving bees all over the place.

I know this is how we get all our good food, but still I feel sad.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 09:25:46 pm »
Dont fell sad those bees are having the time of there lifes acers and acers -a literal sea of bloom i will try and take pics of the bloom when i check on my bees in about a week it takes your breath away to see it in person RDY-B

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 10:31:34 pm »
Oh I saw lot's of bee boxes on my way to Oregon last week as we drove on Highway 5...many almonds...some citrus...new plantings of vineyards.  Olive groves too, do bees go for olives?

It was pretty cool...I do love almonds, and thank the bees and their keepers for them...

Sometimes big commercial farming makes me feel blue...takes the heart out of it all in a way...but I guess that is for the coffee house eh?

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 10:53:59 pm »
Quote from:  link=topic=13354.msg93929#msg93929 date=1203733894
Oh I saw lot's of bee boxes on my way to Oregon last week as we drove on Highway 5...many almonds...some citrus...new plantings of vineyards.  Olive groves too, do bees go for olives?

It was pretty cool...I do love almonds, and thank the bees and their keepers for them...

Sometimes big commercial farming makes me feel blue...takes the heart out of it all in a way...but I guess that is for the coffee house eh?
    THE almond pollination is the bigest controlled pollination in the world believe me it takes a passion for bees to be able to participate -and not everybody can make it to the level of beekeeping that is required to have colonies of bees at a strength that is required for pollination-in a time of the year that nature dictates is the colonies dormant period -and the pay ant bad ether 8-) RDY-B

Offline Casimir

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 02:19:44 am »
I have seen several trucks this month carrying bees to the farms. I would hate to be there if one of them tips over.

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 04:19:55 am »
Olive groves too, do bees go for olives?

Bees go for olive pollen, no nectar, when they can´t find something better.
On the other side, olives needn´t bees to pollination.

By the way, the video very good. Very "americano".