Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Are Yellow Jumpsuits Asking for Trouble?  (Read 6342 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Are Yellow Jumpsuits Asking for Trouble?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 10:52:07 am »
I don't know, Teletubbies kind of freak me out and give me the heebie jeebies. 

Not really sure why.  Something about their faces . . .

I wonder if the saturation level of the color is more important than the actual hue.  As iddee and avenger said, bleaching it would bring down the saturation and maybe make it not so visible to the bees.  Hence, dark but faded clothes (like jeans and older black shirts . . and graying hair??  :evil: lol) may not attract them as much as deep dark new clothes.

I kinda like this idea, I might go looking for a jumpsuit myself!

love,
ziffa

We have already highjacked this thread half to death, so I guess a little more deviation won't hurt. Sorry to OP.

Ziffa, what I would like to do to Teletubbies: Tackle them, over and over, squeeze them, over and over (they look quite soft)

I like the built in note pad on their stomachs, they could follow me around in the beeyard.

Did I mention tackle them?

...JP  :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 12:15:36 pm »
I don't know, Teletubbies kind of freak me out and give me the heebie jeebies. 

Not really sure why.  Something about their faces . . .

Thank you. I was starting to feel evil for thinking they are downright freaky and scary!! Big Bird, fine. Teletubbies--yikes!!

Thanks for all the answers, serious and otherwise. Nothing like spring to get the silly juices flowing :)
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline treebee

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 12:36:29 pm »
 We did a bit of tie dyeing last summer. So i told my wife I wanted to tie dye my sons suit to look like a bee but she thinks having a 60# bee peeking in the hive might cause a defensive action.  I still think its worth a shot, if only for the video.  Rain S#@%s I hope someone out there can see the sun.  John.
Relax, step back, take a deep breath, the finger you save just might be your own!

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 01:22:36 pm »
We did a bit of tie dyeing last summer. So i told my wife I wanted to tie dye my sons suit to look like a bee but she thinks having a 60# bee peeking in the hive might cause a defensive action.  I still think its worth a shot, if only for the video.  Rain S#@%s I hope someone out there can see the sun.  John.
Ummmm, hold old is your guinea pig, I mean son?
The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline treebee

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 10:52:04 am »
They're 8 and 10. It'll be luck of the draw or which one volunteers.. "Hey look boys who wants to bee the bee?" I normally go with the Tom Sayer approach. "Boy this sure looks fun." If it gets the final DW approval I will tape the results. John
Relax, step back, take a deep breath, the finger you save just might be your own!

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 02:19:57 pm »
My 10-yo will NOT try the bee suit for fear of looking like a huge flower :) Anyway, it's a moot point, as the surplus store only carried XXL and they are way, way too long. Ah well. Back to trying to cobble things together from my closet.
The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 02:35:47 pm »
What material is used to make the suit?  For such a cheap price, I'm wondering if it's some kind of plastic! 

Hot! Hot! Hot!

"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

Offline Eshu

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 05:27:18 pm »
Yeah, If they are the coated tyvek suits, you will bake in them.  I have to wear those for work sometimes.  They are fine in cool wieather, but are awful in the summer.  :-P

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 12:20:32 am »
They were some kind of woven material. Not cotton. Not plastic. They reminded me a bit of my floating row covers for gardening, only much thicker. Sorry that I can't be more helpful!
The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

anything