Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Stupid notes  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Stupid notes
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:23:09 pm »
I noticed it first on a rerun of "Ghost Whisperer". Jennifer Love's notes showing up in the lower left hand corner of the screen. It was so distracting I just had to quit watching and find something else.
Now tonight they are doing the same thing with a rerun from "CSI: Miami". These are called bullet points. Every time one pops up you hear this loud gunshot. I sure hope this isn't something that is gonna be done when the new season starts. These things are sooooooo distracting from the show. And I can not read the things and keep up with the show.

What is television coming to?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Stupid notes
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 09:48:51 am »
I just noticed it last night on csi also. They have used these things in music videos before but never seen them on tv shows before. Now if you have direct tv with dvr or somthing similar you could just rewind to catch what you missed. :-D  I love my dvr and watch no more commercials.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 10:11:38 am »
Even if it was recorded the stuff would still pop up there. I just rather watch the show and not have stuff popping up in my face. There is one Channel that constantly has stuff popping up at the bottom of the screen. Usually the next show that is coming on, or one that is to be on in a few days. If they keep it tiny it isn't too bad but some I swear take up nearly a quarter of the screen. And some has sound affects louder than the program sound. And this makes it really bad if someone is speaking a foreign language and you can't see the subtitles because of this junk popping up.

Just makes me want to chew nails and spit Yugos. 
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 01:22:29 am »
It really is sickening to see ALL the crap they are placing at the bottom of the TV screens on practically every network. It started with their logos a few years back on every channel in the lower right corner, now on the lower left, ads for upcoming shows, ads for movies in theaters, these pop-ups - what's next a news crawl or full blown embedded commercials for products?

I first noticed the upcoming show ads when watching USA's Monk, then other cable stations and now network TV is strumming our strings. Watching Jericho online today, it only had 4 15 second sprint commercials (talk about product placement - they use all Sprint Cellphones on the show too) but I think the days of cramming endless attractions is going to replace product placement in shows.

I'm wondering how the WRITER STRIKERS feel about this, I'm sure they want a piece of that pie too, so back to the pickets, and place an ad in the lower corners of the sandwich boards, why not, watching TV is like looking at a NASCAR CAR now, I think this one is here to stay. Talk about taking advantage of the widescreen HD format, they'll have tons of room to let their ad thirsty minds to play in 1080P - ugh.

PS JERRY

I don't feel so old when I see that my "Gender Icon" is still pointing upwards  :-P
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.