Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Winterizing  (Read 18293 times)

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
Re: Winterizing
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2013, 06:34:34 am »

Couple of years huh. :laugh:  Have you read any studies about how long it takes polystyrene to decompose?

Yes, it burns in 10 minutes. I burn them outdoors if needed. one box is 1 kg plastic.

Shame, shame on Finski!  Oh so he's the one burning all that crap coming from Finland, heh?  I guess we should have known :-P  Hey Finski, next time burn them inside, let us know how that goes :-D

I've got 4- 5 frame NUCs (started mid August) colonies seperately stashed inside one of my LONG Hives for this Winter.  All four were doing OK 3 weeks ago but my set up doesn't allow for opening/feeding when its this cold, each NUC has access to about a pound of dry sugar, all I could fit and still keep things separate.

This is A first try/experiment for me since that LONG Hive colony finally passed on this Spring after surviving three winters.  I'll let you all know how it all works out come Spring.  I do have 2" foam on the bottom and top of the LONG Hive.  Wish my bees luck.  If successful I'll start making NUCs this way every season.
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2013, 08:10:53 am »

Shame, shame on Finski!  Oh so he's the one burning all that crap.

haha hah. What you are doing there hah hah

Granny shooting machine gun!!
Language barrier NOT included

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2013, 07:46:14 pm »
As many have decided to bicker and become irrelevant to the thread ,I am locking it. It's a shame, it started off well. I see a little baiting going on here and it will stop. Period!! I am not spending the whole winetr babysitting a few. It is easy to make it pleasant for the rest of the membership, so watch your step. We tolerate  a bit but most of the ones trying to do the baiting know who they are, and I will sign off without further comment.

anything