Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bud 6 official announcement  (Read 21951 times)

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
Re: Bud 6 official announcement
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2014, 01:51:45 pm »
Hey guys!  Missingyou, but here's a video of Hippie and my's morning!

Hope you are all having fun!

love you!

ziffa

Ziffa & Hippie say HI to Bud 6

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2014, 01:41:29 pm »
Hey gang,

Diane's recipe for the Trail Muffins are up in the menu section. If you have any questions pm me and I'll send our home phone number.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline cdray

• House Bee
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2014, 05:00:20 pm »

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2014, 09:54:25 pm »
We got home about a hour or so ago. We had a blast at bud 6 and looking forward to bud 7. I will say that it is going to be hard to top bud 6 but we have plenty of time to start trying. :) It was great to meet some new faces, spend precious time with old friends, and do what we all love to do.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2014, 09:19:27 am »
Who the heck is pdmattox :-D
John 3:16

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2014, 09:35:30 am »
sc  dallas
zip goodun on you and the hippy  but you coulda done the swarm jig on the little after swarm fo us   we woulda tired  you out on the jig here as the boys put over 20 swarms in the box  one helava coupla days,
every time they would get started on a proget someone would come over and say swarm and you know our croud zip
to bee or not to bee

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2014, 12:34:27 pm »
sc  dallas

Just poking at Dallas> I thought he had crawled under a rock or something :-D

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2014, 03:59:50 pm »
sc  dallas

Just poking at Dallas> I thought he had crawled under a rock or something :-D

LOL Just busy with life but I am planning to be more visible again. Man SC you sure missed a great time and I hope you can be there with us next year. I want to also take this time to promote ventrilo.  It is a cool voice chat ..or text chat that enables us to get to know each other more.I would venture to say it is also the main reason all of us have been so comfortable meeting and joking with each other in person. Bud is around most of the time in the evenings and hopefully more of us can be also. It is a shame we let such a valuable resource go unused. Thank you for all who attended and followed along.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2014, 04:21:10 pm »
Chris got some great pics so i'll work on getting them up here and on fb.  we had a great time.  glad so many made it.  if you didn't....well....we just talked about you.... :evil:

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2014, 05:24:28 pm »
if you didn't....well....we just talked about you.... :evil:

Shucks :oops:

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2014, 01:00:24 am »
Just got home, 4 hours later than expected due to another OOC plane and also backed up weather - walked in at 11:05, estimated was 7:30pm tops.

Good flights all the way back, just lots of layovers.

I believed I wrote a post last night on Bud's PC (the P stands for Prehistoric - heehee)
and not sure if got uploaded. But I'm off until Sunday when all my hard work and being the best man for the job (I humbly state) I get to finally enjoy my first "Cold Iron Summer" in theory,you are on a one-man shift, still rotating, but no Summer Maintenance until I rotate 4 days a month into maintenance days - that's how it works. But the best part is on 4-12 and 12-8 it's piece and quiet for my first time in 25+ years there.

So, get the most bucks, do the least work - I almost sound like management - lol.

But as likely can tell, I'm not getting into Bud6 until after I wake tomorrow. I'm creating right now in Coffee HOUSE called ""BUD6 THOUGHTS, VIDEOS and PICS - So eventually we'll sticky it there, but let it float for a while we everyone will better see it - I doubt few people look at the stickied posts everyday to see if a new one is there - so we'll let it float.

But PLEASE EVERYONE - let's get EVERYTHING from Bud6 in that topic, so FBers, Youtubers, Forumites (didn't know we had mites :P - all have a one place to find it all.

Ken has been gathering stuff,I uploaded a bunch to Youtube and I'll get the post started - KEN, just got home, we'll work together on getting it everywhere - I hope if all the links are good, no particular social network will fight us.

To everyone, my videos for not are raw and maybe a beekeeper getting stung the tenth time in the face won't be yelling "happy birth" so expect it to sound like groups of beekeepers beekeeping.

Last thought - Several people went out of their way to make the gathering extra special for me - a very kind gesture which I again thank them so much for doing.

To those who cooked and brought food, I drool at the cakes, muffins, and other great homemade baked goods. Then the cooker on site Schawee's alligator picante' I believe was outstanding - full flavored gator meat slow cooked in a delicious full-favored broth that made a round 2 on a following meal just for sopping bread!!!

And one last thank you for someone who likely won't see this - Chef Bernie -it's Bud's fishing Buddy and he is a we'll ventured chef in many restaurants, every where. He cooked several times and was an incredible one-man-cooking-show: Liz (JP's wife) and I asked to soo chef for him, prep up what he'd need. We were politely banned from the kitchen - lol. and 30 minutes later Chef Bernie had 12 pounds of chicken marinating and a wicked pasta salad, Liz and I would still be chopping onions.

Many more names to say thanks for coming and I really can't see how anyone had anything else but! Each night had good food and even entertainment, and every day had enough beekeeping with hands on by everyone interested. I thing what several members and newbees learned was the pace that is kept in a beeyard when tearing it all down to make all viable colonies, inspections, swarm capturing ( I heard 28 swarms caught and colonized) work, learning, jump in the deep end of the pool and relax in the evenings - some very late evenings.

More coming - PLEASE POST about what all happened in the ALL BUD6 THOUGHTS, VIDEOS and PICS
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.