Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gotta ask once and for all; maybe I'm paranoid  (Read 9433 times)

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
Re: Gotta ask once and for all; maybe I'm paranoid
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 04:54:31 pm »
t beek you realize that by most people's standards if you own enough land to have a garden over an acre you are one of the favored few.  are you prepared to let the state distribute your property so everyone can have their share of your garden?  class warfare is fine until it's taken to the level that you become part of the fortunate few.  be careful what you wish for.  i agree with the rest of what you are saying, though.  here in the south every spare acre ends up planted in pine which does the bees absolutely no good.  the prairies of 250 years ago are the biggest corn field in the world and there are countless other examples here in the states as well as the rest of the world.  the problem is the only option we have would be to go the route of china and limit the number of children a family can have.   

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 05:57:54 pm »
Hm, lets ponder this accusation (?)  It seemed like an accusation of some kind.  I own a little over ten acres, or should I say the bank owns it until its fully paid off, but then there's that mineral rights clause......Homesteaded over 30 years ago with no power or running water for the first six years, grew a big garden with 3 sons to help, truck farmed, sawed wood, hunted, kept animals all while woking a ....a....a..bbb...bb.b.  Government Job, that took me out of the Country the equivalent of half a year sometimes.  Three sons grown, married, moved on.....so in a manner of speaking I do feel fortunate and do resist 'wishing' for anything as a rule, but I'm a long way from the "privileged" class you are referring to.  As a sometimes Buddhist I try to practice acceptance and awareness as best as I can as often as I can during these strange days.

As I've stated many times in these pages the world doesn't have a population problem or a food shortage problem...What we have is a LANDLORD problem.  To few self-proclaimed 'owners' controlling the riches of what rightfully belongs to and should be shared by all of Earths inhabitants.  I contend and will challenge any other opinion as to whether or not there is plenty of the Earth to go around (that includes its riches) that could satisfy the desires of all citizens and end poverty as a bonus.

No human-being created the land or the seas, yet we (have been fooled) into allowing a 'few' of them to reap all the rewards.  The question we don't hear is WHY, perhaps because its not being screamed loud enough, I don't know.  But I do know that unless and until humans stop behaving like sheep many will die.

As for class warfare...read your history books man, and not the ones they give you in schools.  Class warfare; Its been going on for over 2000 years (guess who won?) and the real "takers" of all cultures and societies (its not the poor) have gotten progressively better at controlling the masses over all those years...mostly by keeping us divided and fighting among ourselves over trivial BS.  

That old "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" thing.  Oh well.........
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:54:38 am by T Beek »
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline DamienJasper

• New Bee
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 06:07:06 pm »
Bleh.  A broken thread.

Before that happened, things seem to have run away a bit.  The question being answered is not really the one asked.  The assumed question being answered is "what if ALL the bees were gone".  Well, we've covered that.

The question I suppose I have is where do you/we stand now and for the foreseeable future? 

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 09:20:13 pm »
yeah, it went south pretty fast op.  sorry, but a thread like this was bound to.
beek, i'm not accusing.  i worked hard to get to the point of the bank owning my land too.
my point is that to even be able to reach that point you are doing much better than most.  i have several friends that are extremely wealthy (one may be a billionaire) and they are all self made and didn't come from money.  i don't think the system is designed so that an ambitious person can't accumulate wealth.
my concern is much like my concerns over the invasions of our privacy.  you can say "let them look at my emails, etc, i'm not doing anything wrong."  the problem is what is defined as "nothing wrong" today could change by tomorrow.  so, the standard of the "haves" may change to the point that even the things we've worked for will be considered more than "our share".
i'm pretty libertarian and i don't feel particularly oppressed.  i work for a big corporation and they have a group of people in denver that are no doubt payed a lot of money to figure out how to beat poor old rob out of another 50 dollars each month but that's the nature of the beast.  when they take to much there is a competitor that will pay me more til they figure out how to milk me.  i also want to say that i appreciate the fact that you can disagree without being hostile, too.  a lot of people can't seem to do that.

op, if all the bees are gone we'll adapt and 100 years later no one will no the difference.  it's sad but it's true. 
my OPINION is that the bees will also adapt.  let's hope i'm right.

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 11:12:57 pm »
Thanks for getting this thread back on track. I wasn't sure where it was going. I was almost sure some reference to Area 51 was going to pop up next. :-D

Before this is misunderstood. I mean that the OP wanted to know if he needed to be concerned about  the loss of honeybees and how the food supply would be affected.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:27:58 pm by RHBee »
Later,
Ray

Offline DamienJasper

• New Bee
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 11:45:11 pm »
THanks.  That is indeed my question.  And again; not the hypothetical loss of ANY AND ALL honeybees, but where things are now.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2013, 06:29:06 am »
Well, the warnings at the beginning of this thread were vaguely clear.  I fear the answers provided just aren't taken seriously enough, its that DENIAL thing again.  

THAT my friends, is where things are now.  :(    collectively we're still in the denial phase.  Hopefully the 'reality' phase kicks in before its too late, but its soooooo hard  :shock:  

Refusing to accept our human responsibility to the Earth, ourselves and future generations, make the hard choices, clean up our messes instead of enlarging (denying) them.  

Really, must we go on like this?  Maybe some of us deserve to be paranoid, I don't know.  I do know this thread seems to have run its course.  

Time to pull some weeds.

Xin Loi

BTW;  to collect (hoard) wealth one must be at least slightly sociopathic.  SEE Wall Street for examples
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:52:11 am by T Beek »

Offline BlalockTwin1

• New Bee
  • Enjoy it while you can.
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2013, 10:48:27 am »
I agree we (the human animal) were meant to be stewards of the earth.

I don't believe you will ever see the loss all honeybees in your lifetime...if you want to assure yourself of that, become a beekeeper.

It may decrease the diversity of our diets, but it won't cause mass-starvation. 
Can do, will do, have done.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2013, 05:50:27 pm »
I agree we (the human animal) were meant to be stewards of the earth.

I don't believe you will ever see the loss all honeybees in your lifetime...if you want to assure yourself of that, become a beekeeper.

It may decrease the diversity of our diets, but it won't cause mass-starvation. 

"Stewards of the Earth" heh?  "Meant" to be, huh?  So how're we doing?  Do we pass or fail at our stewardship?  Don't ask my opinion unless you really want it  :-D

Offline TenshiB

• House Bee
  • Your happiness is up to you.
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2013, 10:34:29 pm »
"Israel?...... is NOT real!"   :-\
The bees that do no work do not survive long. The people that do no work get rewarded.

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2013, 05:35:37 am »
I tried.
Later,
Ray

Offline TenshiB

• House Bee
  • Your happiness is up to you.
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2013, 10:14:47 am »
I stopped reading through its entirety after about the first 2/3 of page two... I call it TCD. Tread Collapse Disorder.    [;
The bees that do no work do not survive long. The people that do no work get rewarded.

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2013, 02:20:25 pm »
I stopped reading through its entirety after about the first 2/3 of page two... I call it TCD. Tread Collapse Disorder.    [;

LOL
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.