Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Kudzu Bug???  (Read 1769 times)

Offline sweet bee

• House Bee
Kudzu Bug???
« on: March 09, 2014, 06:43:53 pm »
Did a split on my mom's hive today. She had gobs of these little buggers on her hive and a few inside. Are they anything to be concerned about?

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would
not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me"

~Erma Bombeck

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Re: Kudzu Bug???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:27:11 pm »
It was a new one on me I had to google it. Seems vegetation is the only concern. Hope they are of no concern, all we need is a souped up SHB :(

http://www.clemson.edu/cafls/departments/esps/factsheets/household_structural/kudzu_bugs_hs50.html
John 3:16

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:21:16 pm »
they were all over my hives last spring for a few months then i never saw another one. 

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 09:43:20 pm »
sweetbee; Here's a post I did in the "Farming and Country Life" thread. There's also a link with some info as well. They are also known as the Kudzu "Stink" Bug.

Here's an article on another invasive bug. I started seeing it in large numbers last year. Normally I would have ignored it because it's just another bug,  and bugs, bites, and stings are a way of life in the south. However, this critter stinks when you mess with it and the stink stays with you quite a while. I was moving some railroad crossties and crushed some with my hands and got it on my shirt. I heard of it years ago and I am interested to see what it does to the Kudzu.

http://news.yahoo.com/kudzu-bug-threatens-eat-us-farmers-lunch-194113212.html
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

anything