Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Latrine is Full  (Read 1927 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
The Latrine is Full
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:09:55 pm »
A US Air Force C-141 was scheduled to leave Thule Air Base, Greenland , at midnight during a winter month. During the pilot's pre-flight check, he discovers that the latrine holding tank is still full from the last flight. So a message is sent to the base and an airman who was off duty is called out to take care of it.

The young man finally gets to the air base and makes his way to the aircraft only to find that the latrine pump-truck has been left outdoors and is frozen solid, so he must find another one in the hangar, which takes even more time.

He returns to the aircraft and is less than enthusiastic about what he has to do. Nevertheless, he goes about the pumping job deliberately and carefully (and slowly) so as not to risk criticism later.

As he's leaving the plane, the pilot stops him and says, "Son, your attitude and performance has caused this flight to be late and I'm going to personally see to it that you are not just reprimanded, but punished."

Shivering in the cold, his task finished, he takes a deep breath, stands tall and says, "Sir, with all due respect, I'm not your son; I'm an Airman in the United States Air Force. I've been in Thule , Greenland for 11 months without any leave, and reindeers are beginning to look pretty good to me.  I have one stripe, it is 2:30 in the morning, the temperature is 40 degrees below zero, and my job here is to pump crap out of an aircraft."

"Now, just exactly what form of punishment did you have in mind?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: The Latrine is Full
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:19:48 pm »
 :-D :-D

Offline Anybrew2

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 02:50:32 am »
That's awesome.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 12:49:55 pm »
That's funny. Reminds me of the joke about the admirals and the generals arguing who had the bravest men. I think the Air Force would have won that night.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 02:07:26 pm »
Phone rings. Private answers. Voice asks, Where's your commanding officer. Private says, don't know and don't care. Voice says, do you know who you are talking to? Private says, no, and don't care. Voice says this is General Compton. Private says, so what? Do you know who you are talking to? Voice says NO. Private says, GOOD, and hangs up.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 04:53:45 pm »
 :lau: cold :lau:

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 08:47:45 pm »
 :th_thumbsupup: iddee
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline stanisr

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 02:18:07 pm »
I feel the same, sometimes.  :-D
Rick