Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HI FROM AUSTRALIA  (Read 1853 times)

Offline ula ula

• New Bee
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
« on: July 28, 2008, 02:30:49 am »
I live 500km s/west of Brisbane near westmar in QLD ,cartake 3000ac cattle property. i got in to bees about april this year. 4hives had come of truck igot a phone call about them .they were 73km from home got to them just after dark,i new nothing about honey bees .no veil no gloves what a mess,manged to save 2 hives the other 2 were beyond it. got hit on the butt straight up. made me come to attention fast tuck shirt in pull belt up a notch. i realized torch up set them. so i worked in the tail light of ute . manged to get the 2 hives under the canopy of my ute .it was 3.30 in the morning before i got them set up at home. got on to dpi gave re-go num on hives. had the owner on the phone in ten minutes .cut long story short this is how i got in to bees as he gave them to me. found out they had come of truck 4 days before i saved th am . out-of the hole operations only got stung twice, couple days later is another story they had a good chew. :roll: :roll:

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Re: HI FROM AUSTRALIA
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 03:46:02 am »
Welcome to another Aussie Ula Ula. Anything you want to know about bees will be found here thanks to the broad knowledge of the members. The facility of Ventrilo is a convenient way to get quick answers, although I doubt where you are located broadband would be available unless you had satellite. You will get plenty of stories of stings and the various reactions to them.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 02:50:28 pm »
Ula Ula.  Welcome to our forum.  This is a place where you can spend time, ask questions to get help, and tell us your stories, like you did.  You had an interesting night that night when you set up your bees.  Enjoy your stay with us.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline ula ula

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 07:41:06 pm »
HI                                                                                                                                                                   CINDI,GEOFF   
                      thank,s for the reply
                                                  I heading to brisbane tomorrow have go to doctor, by reading in the forums .i now no what those little Beatles are i brought home with me that are in the hive. be picking up some traps when I'm down there.i rang a few commercial fellas they don't seem to worry about them,i think itry to do something before they become a real problem . regards Ula Ula

anything