Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: put top box on too quickly  (Read 1164 times)

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
put top box on too quickly
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:38:26 pm »
I guess I put my top box on a couple of packages too early.  I had a little trouble with these two anyway.  When I went through these two today, only the top box was fully drawn.  There were a few frames in the bottom box drawn, but not much more than when I put the second box on. 

I still have syrup on them.  Will they go back down and finish the bottom box?  They have not changed much since I checked them a couple weeks ago.
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: put top box on too quickly
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:41:51 pm »
happens.  sometimes they just seem to hit a snag and don't draw stuff out.  look well to make sure there is nothing bad going on.  remember that they will draw what they need, so if they are not building up, make sure there is nothing holding them back.  if your 1st box is getting jammed and they still won't move, you can take some frames of brood and move them into the new box.  otherwise, don't worry to much about it now if everything looks good.  you can reduce size before winter and save those drawn frames for next year.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.