Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hive Tracks turns two  (Read 6253 times)

Offline mhen28605

• Brood
Hive Tracks turns two
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:39:12 am »
I just love the way Maryam Henein (producer - “Vanishing of the Bees”) keeps hammering away with her message. Simple, direct, unwavering. I’m like that too. Hive Tracks is my life’s work. We get praise… we get complaints but we keep on going. Hive Tracks will be 2 years old in August. Today it’s faster, has more features and is used by thousands of beekeepers. When it comes to FREE software like this, it’s hard to take the complaints sometimes but we understand. It’s hard for us too. If I could just stop making a living and starting simply living I would work on it day and night. I would address every request we ever got. But life ain’t like that. We add what we can, we respond to e-mails, we fix bugs, we move on. Please give Hive Tracks another try. Use it only for the stuff you need if only to know when your hives were re-queened or to see our way cool Google map, showing the area your bees forage… just use it and see what it can add to your quiver of knowledge.

Offline WPG

• House Bee
  • The Land Between Two Rivers
Re: Hive Tracks turns two
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:02:11 pm »
I reserved one design early on to try out the concept. Discovered my data-phone couldn't read the symbol.

Will soon upgrade to a hardened Android phone so may try again.

I would prefer to download capabilities and use offline, keeping my data to myself, and be able to access and process when not in the range of a cell tower.

Goodluck
Push, Pull or get Out of the Way

Offline Danpunch

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 10:21:39 pm »
I've been using Hive Tracks for a couple of months now and think its off to a great start. I would love to be in your beta testing group (iPhone) if possible, and am really excited to watch Hive Tracks evolve into being THE hive inspection/record keeping tool used by bee keepers. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:53:56 am »
link?

Offline Danpunch

• New Bee

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 02:55:48 pm »
It didn't take this dummy long to screw up an attempt to create an account! Guess I don't need it.

Offline kemptville

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 09:08:15 am »
A++ for Hive Tracks - I use it often. I'm really enjoying the mobile version of HT even on the home computer - so much faster!

anything