Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from Longboat Key Florida  (Read 2846 times)

Offline annamariaslim

• New Bee
  • I'm on island time!
Hi from Longboat Key Florida
« on: November 01, 2006, 09:04:50 pm »
Hi all ! As I stated I'm from LBK Florida. I am interested in starting a few hives now that I am retired. I guess my late grandfather got me interested in beekeeping as he had a few hives many years ago. Those hives produced the blackest, tar like honey, I've ever seen, then or now. It was very very thick and sweet and I just loved it. I remember that he used to put it up into mason jars and delighted turning the jars upside down and the honey stayed put without running.I also remember grandma giving me that honey every time I had a sore throat, and it worked well for that purpose. So I guess I'd like to learn more from the experts here and get a few hives going just like ole' grandad!

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Hi from Longboat Key Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 09:38:59 pm »
Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place to get all kinds of information.  Try the search feature.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 01:01:06 am »
Anna:

Welcome to the forum, you sure picked a great day with the initiation of our new and super secure forum software.

I know you'll find enless resources between the membership and history file. For general questions of beekeeping, the general forum is a great place to post and if you have interest in equipment (whether building or finding out about home brew techniques, you'll find forums for that too.

Please look around the many categories (blocks of forums) and individual forums and hopefully you'll find plenty to keep you chatting with members from all stages of beekeeping proficiencies. I always think it is great for new beekeepers to connection with other newbees, they tend to ask and answer questions that make those of us with a bit more (and many here with a lot more) experience to ponder.

Have a great time and again, thanks for going through the new security measures to register, it is a more secure and high-tech way to prevent computer spammers from flooding our forums with all sorts of unwanted material. Talk again soon, best wishes and a good journey in Beekeeping.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 09:58:37 am »
This forum will really help you out good luck
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 08:36:04 pm »
Hi,
Welcome aboard. The more Florida beekeepers the better. :)

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible