Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Broke the Disc  (Read 4276 times)

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
Broke the Disc
« on: June 04, 2012, 06:14:55 pm »
I need help finding parts a manual or something.

I have a John Deere 3 point disc from around the 1950s got a good deal on it but I broke or it was broke before I got it (spool bearing).

One half of the box bearing has the part number kk 5020 b or something close to that I am getting all the names of the parts from a 1951 pull disk manual for the JD kba disk its not mine and the part numbers dont all match but its a start. So if anyone knows where I can find parts or manuals or anything like that I would be very appreciative. Plus side is it only lost one outside disc and is still usable but I do want to get it fixed.

Oh I finally got the time to put in the first part of my garden plot mainly squash section and yes I know I will have to water like its free this time of year. Bees seem to take the spring and I put them above the garden.

Offline kingbee

• Queen Bee
Re: Broke the Disc
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:20:39 pm »
Check out a company called Mid-South Auction Company.  They are a salvage or re-cycled tractor and farm equipment parts company.  They have operations in Decatur, Alabama, and maybe Arkansas or Missouri, I forget.  If they don’t have it then maybe they can bird dog one for you.   

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:31:36 pm »
Can you shoot us some pics?

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 11:21:11 am »
I was finally able to figure out that its a KBY lift type disk

And I am pretty sure I need part kk5970 b

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 11:41:39 am »
New from John Deere the bearing looks to be 112.00 I hope to find one cheaper seeing I dont own the disk.

Father in law bought it and he only paid 200 for it but it was worth more just the last person did weird things to it turned a nice fully adjustable disk into a cheap frame disk took angle iron and weilded the gangs together I have no clue why but if me and father in law work out a deal I will put it back like it should be over time.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 06:26:48 pm »
I have a couple of parts discs. Many brands use the same parts.

I need.....

Diameter of disc

shape and size of hole in disc

whether disc is smooth edge or scalloped

outside dia. of bearing

length of bearing

Check threads on end of shaft to be sure a nut will go on.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 01:28:40 am »

Try a place that sells bearing.  I rebuilt my disc back a few years ago, replaced all the disc blades and bearings.  Got bearings from dixie bearing in hattiesburg,Ms.  My disc is a 20 cutter, i put  USA bearings and new blades for $250.  Good luck with yours.

Joe

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »
You might try Agri Supply.They stock a lot of parts for older equipment. Good prices too.