Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Paper on Hive Increasing  (Read 2272 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Paper on Hive Increasing
« on: January 09, 2006, 09:38:03 am »
here's a paper on turning 100 hives into 1000 in a few months. so you could increase your hives by 10.

http://www.apimondia.org/apiacta/slovenia/en/yeganehrad.pdf
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline latebee

• House Bee
Paper on Hive Increasing
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 10:30:48 pm »
Sounds too good to be true,maybe! The one question I would have is how does one make or buy the"caspian solution"? Even if you could only make 5 hives form one in a season this would be extraordinary.
The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Paper on Hive Increasing
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 10:41:48 pm »
I got five hives from one package in a year once and I thought that was amazing.  Most of them reared their own queens too.  I was using PermaComb so they didn't have to draw it.  I put each one in a five frame nuc until it was fill of bees and comb, and then an eight frame box until that was full and then a ten frame box until that was full and then added ten frame boxes after that.  I installed the package in a five frame nuc too.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Paper on Hive Increasing
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 11:32:55 pm »
Quote from: latebee
Sounds too good to be true,maybe! The one question I would have is how does one make or buy the"caspian solution"? Even if you could only make 5 hives form one in a season this would be extraordinary.

it might would have to be a longer warm season to do 10 latebee, I dont know but you being in NY, your season doesn't last to many months doesn't, it is interesting though, just thought i would post it.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
Re: Paper on Hive Increasing
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 01:15:20 am »
Quote from: TwT
here's a paper on turning 100 hives into 1000 in a few months. so you could increase your hives by 10.

Encreasing hives is not a problem but loosing honey yield is.  If you take all the time  20% bees away so you get surplus honey at all.

Second problem is when you have 10 fold hives and you chould get new customers for honey 10 fold on saturated markets. If you sell nucs it is not easy to get new customers as unknown markets.

I know that multiply 3 fold hives during one summer is possible without loosing any honey. I have not tried more.

anything