Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gum Rosin Supplier in Southern California  (Read 14421 times)

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
Re: Gum Rosin Supplier in Southern California
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 01:45:38 pm »
just personal preferences.

I think your are right.  I am surprised that the equipment manufacturers don't offer a prefinished box because many people don't like to paint or have the time to treat the equipment with anything.  A coat of paint, wax or even vinyl can easily be applied at the point of manufacture prior to assembly.  You would think the commercials would be crying for this.

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/10-Frame-Assembled-Painted-Hive-w_-IPM-Bottom-Board/productinfo/960/

They already do..

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 02:22:03 pm »
There you go.  Good find.  First I have seen it.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline gumrosin

• New Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 03:35:58 am »
Hope it helpful for you.
There are two rosin manufactories, SUNNY ROSIN  and FOREVEREST.

Offline Cheech

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 02:58:44 am »
I'm wondering, has anyone experimented with mixing paraffin/bees wax with propolis for this application?

Offline CapnChkn

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 12:36:08 pm »
I've been scraping all the propolis from my hives and dumping it in a 3 liter can I keep some beeswax in to work with.  Surprisingly the propolis settles out when the wax is melted.  I've seen propolis melt in the Solar collector, at some where around 225°F (107°C).

The reason for the Rosin is Paraffin, a long straight carbon chain, doesn't stick to the wood very well.  Small branching carbon chains bind to the wood better and don't "sweat" out of the wood when it gets hot in sunshine.  If anything, you can get hold of Microcrystalline waxes that will help to bind the long chains to the wood fibers.

I might not be doing it right, but I've dipped some small pieces of woodware in beeswax and haven't seen any problems.  Of course by the time I got around to actually DIPPING the parts in the limited beeswax I have, I'd already put plenty of scraped propolis into it.
"Thinking is like sin, them that doesn't is scairt of it, and them that does gets to liking it so much they can't quit!"  -Josh Billings.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 12:03:01 am »
I've used 150 pounds of rosin over the last few years.  If I had 150 pounds of propolis, I would sell it,buy the rosin, and pocket a few thousand dollars...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Cheech

• New Bee
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 09:14:20 pm »
Thanks for that one Michael, LOL. didn't look at it that way...guess I gotta start searching for gum rosin or microcrystalline-wax.

anything