Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Georgia, USA  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Ekosshadow

• Brood
Hello from Georgia, USA
« on: February 26, 2014, 01:25:22 pm »
Just wanted to say hello from the great state of Georgia.  Been a beekeeper for a year and expanding the apiary already.  Such an addicting hobby.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from Georgia, USA
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 07:01:57 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Ekosshadow.  Glad you found Beemasters, If you have any question just give them a post, someone will usually get you an answer.  Good luck to you and your bee

Joe

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:43:00 am »
Welcome Eko!  It sure was a cold winter here in Georgia.  Hope your bees did will.  All I can say is this last 'pre-view' of spring was a cruel ploy on Mother Nature's part.  brrrrr.

What part of GA are you in?

love,
ziffa

Offline njfl

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:25:14 am »
Hello Ekosshadow-

Good to meet you.  I have relatives in GA, though they're not keeping bees - yet!

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 12:23:29 pm »
Welcome to beemaster.

Offline Ekosshadow

• Brood
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 05:03:01 pm »
Ziffa, I'm in the Savannah area.  Though we didn't get the crazy ice that was in Atlanta we had some brutal low temps (for Savannah)this winter.  But the bees did quite well, in fact we might be adding a super this weekend.  Pollen is going crazy and the bees are loving it.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 05:52:40 pm »
Too cool!  One of my very bestest friends lives in Savannah.  I'll have to look you up next time we go to visit! 

There is an extended forecast of at least one more deep freeze for the deep south in march. :(  Be careful how much room you give them.  I am soo antsy for spring I can't stand it!

Glad you found this board, great info and heaps of experience here.  A great place to learn and laugh some too!

love,
ziffa