Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: FINALLY! A Sunny Day!  (Read 1891 times)

Moots

FINALLY! A Sunny Day!
« on: January 17, 2013, 05:47:23 pm »
Since getting my bees last Saturday, it's been pretty much rainy, dreary, and cold every day!  Not much opportunity for the girls to get out and get use to the new neighborhood.

Swung by for a minute today during lunch to look in on them.  It was about 50 degrees out, so still pretty chilly.  I'm glad to report the girls of both Alpha and Bravo hive were quite active and seemed to be enjoying the day.  Next 4 days should be warming slightly with plenty of sun!  :)

Video of my two Nucs today!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: FINALLY! A Sunny Day!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 06:31:42 pm »
Looking good.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 09:02:13 pm »
Yeap, looks pretty good, Moots.  Mine were every where to after the snow this morning.

Joe

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 08:00:25 pm »
They look pretty good to me

most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 01:45:55 am »
They look like they are foraging.  What is blooming?

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 07:22:26 pm »
We have white clover and elderberry as well as red maple blooming.  Spring looks to be coming early here.
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

anything