Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pop up's  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Pop up's
« on: December 19, 2004, 12:54:06 pm »
Has anyone else noticed pop up's in the forum? bye
Ryan Horn

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Pop up's
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 01:53:37 pm »
Sure shouldn't be! I know LATELY whenever I use Internet Explorer, I get the same 4 or 5 pop-ups that my Norton popup protect won't mute. They drive me nuts too, but I'm getting these in BLASTS every few hours whether the forum is on or not.

It sure isn't coming from this end, but I have no idea who and how these things are launched and what gets them around popup blockers.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Pop up's
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 01:57:14 pm »
It only happened for about 30 min. I havent seen any since. They are so anoying! bye
Ryan Horn

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
Pop up's
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 03:46:00 pm »
Mozilla has a preference selection, "open unrequested windows" that, when left unchecked, causes pop-ups to disappear.  No third party software needed to protect us against the aggravation of IE's convenience features.

-- Kris

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Pop up's
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 04:18:59 pm »
I have to wonder about the purpose of popups. Nobody likes them so any advertisment value is lost . Why would I want to buy something from someone that annoys me?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline leominsterbeeman

• House Bee
    • http://www.leominsterbeeman.com
Pop up's
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 06:34:22 pm »
Pop-ups are the telemarkting calls of  the net.  Check from your ISP provider about a pop-up blocker or spyware blocker.

I always wondered why telemarketes would waste their time and money on me when for years I never bought a single them from any of them ever.   Signing up for the do-not-call list was great.   :D
Michael Keane
leominsterbeeman@comcast.net
http://www.leominsterbeeman.com

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
Pop up's
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 10:17:46 pm »
Quote from: leominsterbeeman
  Signing up for the do-not-call list was great.   :D

Of course, they no longer call you to try sell you anything.  Now, they just want you to "take a survey."      :lol:

-- Kris

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Pop up's
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 11:34:02 pm »
They are talking about making both eligel, how ever you spell it, lol, bye
Ryan Horn

Offline asleitch

• House Bee
Pop up's
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 04:33:32 am »
Popups are the scourge of the internet made worst since advertising revenue plummeted 90% in 6 months between 1999 & 2000.
Windows XP came with 'Messenger' not to be confused with MSN messenger. This was no problem at 1st but as more advertisers pay for 'Messenger' popups they have become a nightmare for XP users.

There is the cure for Messenger popups within XP. Open the Control Panel from the Start menu. In Category mode click on Performance then Maintenance. Click on Administrative Tools then double click Services. Scroll down the right hand list & double click the Messenger entry. Click the Stop button & select Disable from the Startup menu. Click OK to apply. You should no longer be bothered with these popups

(Not my solution, I've cut and pasted this from another forum!)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Pop up's
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 05:57:30 pm »
Thanks for the info, bye :D
Ryan Horn

anything