Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Maxant Chain Uncapper/Spinner  (Read 3641 times)

Offline bermybee

• Brood
Maxant Chain Uncapper/Spinner
« on: April 09, 2009, 06:02:52 pm »
 I am interested in hearing what people think about Maxant's Spinner and uncappers (or other flail types if relivent) and the combo of the two.

I Know this might sound like a stupid question but how do you know when the spinner is actually full (assuming) wax it pretty well stuck to the side of the machine while its running? How much honey/wax do you process in one load (please specify what size spinner)? How dry does the wax come out? If it is possible to over load it will that affect how dry the capping come out? How long do you run it for after you dump the cappings/honey mixture in or turn off your uncapper?

As for the uncapper I've hear a lot of people complain about how the flail method leave a lot of wax/air bubbles in the honey after it goes through the extractor. How bad is it really, will the air bubbles be out by the time it goes through the sump?
How harsh is this method on the wood frames them selves. Would I definitely have to move to a 9 or 8 frame setup in order to save the frames from being chewed up? Does Maxant uncapper reach right up to the top bar or does it miss a little at the top or other places for that matter? How chewed up is the wax after it comes out of an adjusted unit? The movie on You Tube really does not show or prove to me much. I think the Maxant unit doesn't have rivets on the flails when compared to the Gunness does is there a reason for this (Momentum maybe fails having to cut on the top rather then the side like in the Maxant)? How do the flails treat new foundation? Lastly compared to when you first started out in beekeeping and you just mastered picking or scratching (you know when you treated the comb better then you treated your wife & visa versa) How much is the comb damaged on a rating of 1-10. 1 knife quality and 10 being something that look like wax moth did.

Also Maxant’s $10,000 wax separator has any one tried it before?