Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dealing with Farmers  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
Dealing with Farmers
« on: November 21, 2006, 12:04:08 am »
I am in need of a bigger better "bee area". I was thinking about just going to some of the farms here in central Pa and asking if I could set up a bee yard on their land. All though I am not opposed to "pollinating" for farmers I need to have a year round bee yard. Has anyone tried this and if so did you find the farmers interested in allowing for a fulltime bee yard?

By the way anyone in Central Pa wanting to sell a small farm or bunch of land for real cheep let me know :)

Greg
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees

Offline Rich V

• House Bee
Re: Dealing with Farmers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 12:14:41 am »
Many farmers and orchards welcome the beekeeper to put hives on their property here in Northern Illinois.

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 09:07:44 am »
I am in need of a bigger better "bee area". I was thinking about just going to some of the farms here in central Pa and asking if I could set up a bee yard on their land. All though I am not opposed to "pollinating" for farmers I need to have a year round bee yard. Has anyone tried this and if so did you find the farmers interested in allowing for a fulltime bee yard?

By the way anyone in Central Pa wanting to sell a small farm or bunch of land for real cheep let me know :)

Greg

Greg,

Just ask your friends, relatives and co-workers if they know a farmer. I am sure they will be more than happy to help you out. If not, then contact the farms in your area by letter or email of your intent. I keep my hives on a farm in South Jersey year round and the farmer, now a good friend is tickled to have the bees on his farm. It will all work out for you. Just ASK !! :-D

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 09:56:59 am »
Greg, Here in florida most farmers would welcome the idea and to sweeten the deal you could offer some honey to them.  I got a 720 acre feild to put hives around just by asking the farmer.  Just like said before just ask around, someone will help you out.

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 11:54:14 pm »
Thanks for the input. I think I am going to give it a shot.

Thanks again,
Greg
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees