Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Well Witching  (Read 14067 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Well Witching
« on: August 16, 2013, 11:31:37 pm »
I can't say this is 100% but it has worked for me a few times.

For those who don't know, well witching isn't witchcraft. It is a crude method used to locate water flow underground.

My method and my grandfather's aren't the same. He could take a wishbone shaped branch, (Barely holding)  with his hands on the inside ends, wrists facing out, the point of the Y facing forward, he would start walking. The stick would be level to the ground. As he approached water the stick would start moving until the point (end) would work it's way pointing to the ground. I could never do that right.

What I do has worked for me - most of the time. Don't know if the moon, temperature, moisture level, had any play in it or not. I just never kept a log. Some of my friends I made well witchers for swears by them.

So here's what you need. Two very small diameter straight copper pipe pieces 3 7/8" long. Two coat hangers cut with a 90 degree angle, one end just under 3 7/8" long and the other end 14 3/8". Insert the short ends into the copper pipe pieces. The copper pipe pieces serves as a holder. Holding the two pieces in each hand level slowly start walking. When you cross over moving underground water the two ends will cross. I have a well in my back yard. To prove it true I took a witcher and walked a circle around my well. When they crossed I marked the ground. Kept walking, marked again. Turned around and when I got to the first mark they crossed again, moved on to the next mark, they crossed again. I read that the science behind it is water moving underground creates a form of static electricity or a magnetic field causing the wires to cross. Not sure which one. Pretty neat huh?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Well Witching
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 03:57:22 am »
Sorry, but I’m going to have to take issue with this assertion too  :-D

Water moving underground does not generate a magnetic field.  Magnetic fields are created by moving electrical charges, not moving atoms.  James Clerk Maxwell elucidated the relationship between magnetic and electric forces around 1860.  Even if charges were moving in an underground reservoir the field strength at the surface would be so minute it wouldn’t have enough force to move a ferromagnetic flea.  Magnetic field force drops as a square of distance. 

When something flows, electrons can be stripped and a static charge can be generated.  However UNDERGROUND is generally an electrical GROUND!  Meaning charges quickly move and zero each other out.  Again not enough force at the surface to move a static flea.  Static electric field force also drops as a square of distance. 

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 07:43:15 am »
Bluebee, that  may be so with the science part. I can't argue for or against it - but the other part works. I didn't read it I saw it. ;)
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 12:34:05 pm »
Yeah it causes Climate Change and rabid liberality if you dare use the scientists words of power.  They feel so naked and unmanned when others use them.  My father was a very proficient water witch and used variations on the mentioned methods.  He also would take a strait crowbar, one of the 15 ought pound ones and find the balance point with a piece of twine and walk along with it balanced until magnetism or UGGLEWORT if BB would prefer caused the crowbar to dip down.  The UGGLEWORT must be a strong force.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 01:46:07 am »
You don’t know who Maxwell was?  That is indeed sad. :(  One of humanities greatest minds, but what the heck, beeks know even more. :laugh:

Sorry guys, there are only 4 known and proven forces in nature and I sure don’t see how any of the 4 would account for what you’re claiming.  Heck, I could point a stick anywhere (but up  :-D) and hit water in my area of Michigan.  What does that prove?  I guess I'm a master well witch and didn't even know it. :)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 02:06:54 am »
The method that works best for me is to use a 7 foot digging bar, hold it at its balance point.  When you cross water the rod dips and will actually bury its point in the ground where the water is, pulling itself out of my hand.  Pick the rod back and step back a foot and the rod will nod, each nod is a depth in yards.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 06:13:14 pm »
I was thinking about digging a well t water the yard and trees with. I had a guy come over and witch the yard. He said he found a stream, water flow, that goes through the yard. he went to the vacant lot across the street and showed the direction it was coming from. I contacted the land owner for the vacant lot because she was wanting to sell the lot. I told her that I had the guy witch the property and she said her mom had a well put on the property years ago and the well is capped off. I went to where she told me where the well was and there it was. The guy used two copper rods and when he got to water the rods swung outwards.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 02:33:08 am »
Inquiring minds are wondering what a beek would pay a witch these days?  Is this like a $100/hr job?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:02:47 am by BlueBee »

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 08:27:33 am »
BlueBee, how do you find water when you need a well? I thought witching it up was a common practice, I've never seen it done any other way.

Offline oliver

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 08:35:06 am »
I have seen this work on sewer taps, where no maps were avail, saved a lot of digging, the old man did not charge anything..dl

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 06:28:26 pm »
People here doing it for free....

Offline Peckerwood

• Brood
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 11:17:16 pm »
We have used several methods in the past, copper rods, Y-shaped cherry tree stick. Just as the others stated, when you pass over the water source the stick would point downward. We once used the stick method to locate where a wli e from a well was broken. The water was not coming to the grou d surface but rather following the pipe back to the well.

Offline bbbthingmaker

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 10:22:26 am »
My uncle used to witch wells.  He used a forked peach branch. He kept it hanging on the wall in the porch/well house.
Just because you can't explain it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Offline mdax

• New Bee
    • North Florida Bee Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 04:04:56 pm »
Dowsing/water witching has been investigated and researched for quite some time and found to be total paranormal phooey.

You will not find ONE instance where a water witch/dowser can prove their abilities in a controlled study/scientific inquiry.

In fact if anyone can prove they can find water this way they can WIN ONE MILLION DOLLARS from James Rand

There is no reason to continue posting flawed observations, if someone can actually do this they need to log off and go collect their million!

Article on Prize
Good article about water witching

While water finding is harmless, the worst that can happen is losing money...providing dowsing units to the iraqi army is terribly sad and leads to people dying.  But don't tell that to the iraqi army, they strongly believe it's powers.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 12:10:32 am »
I have done it for years and was taught by my father. it is not perfect. but I have used it to trace water lines, power lines and phone lines that were not marked.  I also have used it to fined shallow water. ( under 60 feet.). I think it has to due with the amount of iron in the gourd that you are doing it on. natural decomposition of iron does produce a weak magnetic field.

John

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 12:34:11 pm »
Iron is an ATOM, it doesn’t “decompose”, nor does it “produce” a magnetic field.   Moving charges produce magnetic fields.  See James Clerk Maxwell’s equations.

Iron with body center cubic structure is ferromagnetic and it will align with an existing magnetic field (eg. the Earth’s core, lightening, manmade currents) but it never “produces” it’s own.   Ferromagnetic material can retain remnant magnetization if its crystalline structure inhibits domains from easy reorientation once a field is removed.

Folks talking about using wood branches and copper?  People that is beyond laughable. :laugh:  Those things aren’t even affected by magnetic fields in the first place!  They’re paramagnetic. 

As mdax says, well witching is 100% pure malarkey.  Let’s see beeks put their money where their mouth is for a change; and take the challenge.  I look forward to seeing ya’ll on Fox News collecting that $1million prize. :laugh:  $1million could buy you a lot of bee boxes  :)

Offline oliver

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 01:08:02 pm »
municipal sewer system installed in the late fifties, taps to empty lots. Forward to seventies, no one knows the location of these. Corner lot, city people say its in the center east side, Old man with the sticks, says north west corner on the other street. At a depth of seven feet and a difference of approx.  150' you can maybe see the problem. Old man spot on. I do not know how or why this works but after 3 of these similar situations, with no misses, I could never say it does not work.  dl

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 01:26:24 pm »
The science that says water witching cannot work will cook the science to make sure that the science agrees with them.  They are religionists.  It is why the manmade climate change fantasy plows on in the face of all evidence.  The problem is, the left, like Torquemada, are willing to burn those who do not agree with them.  They cannot just leave you alone in your beliefs. 

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 11:07:22 pm »
Iron is an ATOM, it doesn’t “decompose”, nor does it “produce” a magnetic field.   Moving charges produce magnetic fields.  See James Clerk Maxwell’s equations.

Iron with body center cubic structure is ferromagnetic and it will align with an existing magnetic field (eg. the Earth’s core, lightening, manmade currents) but it never “produces” it’s own.   Ferromagnetic material can retain remnant magnetization if its crystalline structure inhibits domains from easy reorientation once a field is removed.

Folks talking about using wood branches and copper?  People that is beyond laughable. :laugh:  Those things aren’t even affected by magnetic fields in the first place!  They’re paramagnetic. 

As mdax says, well witching is 100% pure malarkey.  Let’s see beeks put their money where their mouth is for a change; and take the challenge.  I look forward to seeing ya’ll on Fox News collecting that $1million prize. :laugh:  $1million could buy you a lot of bee boxes  :)

but does the natural oxidation of iron and the natural metals in the earth gain magnatism from the flow of water semilar to the natrual vibration in quartz under pressure.

Plus I said most of the time.  ;) and that i used mainly to locate water lines wiring and phone lines.  :-*

John

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 08:00:56 am »
Good thing the internet wasn't back around in the old days...