Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Oklahoma  (Read 1534 times)

Offline okbees

• New Bee
Hello from Oklahoma
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:18:23 pm »
New to Beekeeping....got a single brood hive in September....nursing it through this winter..and hoping to start a maga empire with only one hive...LOL.
Hoping to get my family involved also in my hobby.
Really enjoy the site for information.
info@okbees.com
Rick Hall
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Frank Outlaw

Offline L Daxon

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:28:19 pm »
Rick,

be sure and put your location at the side with your name and stuff.  It helps people respond better when they know where you are located.

What part of Oklahoma are you in.  As you can see, I in Oklahoma City, the northwest part to be exact.  If you are in central Oklahoma you need to join our local bee club.  Glad you found this site.  It will be invaluable to you.  And glad you are getting into beekeeping.  Warning.  It is addictive.

Linda Daxon
linda d

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 10:18:27 am »
Rick, welcome to our forum, glad you found us and joined up.  Wishes for your colony to come flying through this winter.  Take the time to study lots about beekeeping, and spend time here too.  There is a mountain of information on our forum.  Ask your questions, so many will come and you will get answers, all you need to do is ask.  Stick around, we love new members, and have that most wonderful and great day, health and love, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline L Daxon

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:01:47 pm »
Rick,

Glad to see you are in Yukon.  I get there quite a bit.  My sister lives on an acreage in the middle of town and I am thinking about putting a hive or two on her property.  She lives at 507 S. Holly. Call me if you have any questions or need any help:  405-209-7263.

I caught a swarm in Sept. that I am trying to nurse through the winter.  We can compare notes. 

I am also trying to get my family (mainly my son) involved.  We are talking about starting a honey retail business centered around local/artisan honeys and bee products (candles, soaps, cosmetics, etc.). I could buy some of your honey as I will need a Garfield Co. supplier.  :-D

In real life I am a realtor.  Check out my website at www.LindaDaxon.com.  I always like to see what people look like.
linda d

anything