Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: can anyone help this man find bees or a beekeeper that may help?  (Read 1735 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,21643.0.html
He is having the worst luck getting bees!

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
Re: can anyone help this man find bees or a beekeeper that may help?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:02:25 am »
Found this in the North dakota craigs list -they ship from cali- :lol:
http://nd.craigslist.org/grd/1126627698.html    _ RDY-B

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee

Offline Tyro

• House Bee
Re: can anyone help this man find bees or a beekeeper that may help?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:47:53 am »
Ken,
Thank you much for the additional post!  I emailed the craigslist contact - we will see what happens. 

Shawn,
I haven't tried Don, but the bees I initially ordered (2 packages) came from some VERY nice folks in Tennessee who get their stock from him.  I suspect that Don would have the same problem that they (and apparently everyone on the other side of the Mississippi) have when trying to ship bees west by USPS.  Apparently, because of the distance, the bees must be flown.  USPS also apparently uses FedEx to fly their post.  FedEx doesn't fly bees.  None of us were aware of this.  The bees got shipped, spent a day traveling to the FedEx ramp and then spent a day returning to the suppliers.  I would guess that Don would have the same problem getting bees this far west to me.  Unfortunately, UPS shipping expensive to the point of being prohibitive, plus, they (or so I have heard) won't insure packages.

Thank you for all the help though.  On the upside, if I ever do find a supplier who can reliably get bees to me, just think of the 1 person monopoly they will have in package sales to North Dakota!

Mike